Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aykuts41
Journeyman III

Re: Laptop freezes while installing AMD driver

Jump to solution

Same problem while amd driver install and freeze black screen my laptop toshiba p50b 11u

PROBLEM WINDOWS 10? OR AMD?

**NEED NEW DRIVERS

menyus420
Adept I

Jump to solution

For my lenovo G510 the key was the Chipset driver to be installed before installing the radeon driver. Also, for me the new drivers also worked, but i dont have the laptop anymore.

0 Likes
zakkg3
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Fixed by:
1- Prevent windows to install the latest driver (unplug cable/ disable wifi or if you can: Disable windows automatic driver updates: Control Panel > System & Security > System > Advanced system settings > Hardware 

2- install catalyst instead of adrenalin: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-15-7-1 

0 Likes
tonycstech
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Year 2021 SOLUTION
These steps assume clean installation of Windows 10

Dont listen to anyone, especially trained professionals. They are full of crap and have no idea what they are talking about.
If you stick to factory driver, your gaming performance will be at 50% at best. You need driver from AMD website.

Watch out for Windows Update. It will try to install it automatically. You have to stop and get your system ready first so disconnect from the internet or disable Windows update (temporary, i know)

1. If older crimson driver did install, with latest Windows 10 it does not.
  2. Samsung no longer provides utility to download drivers, they say "Use Windows App store" for the utility.
  3. Utility tells you to use Windows Update.
  4. Old version of Samsung utility will still let you download drivers but they are slow and useless for gaming like i sad.

Do this:

• Open CMD and run this command to disable driver signature check and reboot
bcdedit /set testsigning on

Make sure you see "Test Mode" showing above the clock

• Install driver.
  • Reboot.

If it still freezes:

• Unplug any USB devices and repeat same process.

Hopefully freeze will not corrupt your system. For me it did so i do full disk image backup before i install AMD Driver, otherwise i sometimes cant boot anymore because bootloader gets corrupted due to freeze.

• When driver is installed, run this command to return back to normal and reboot.
bcdedit /set testsigning off

0 Likes
Elche
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Wow!!!

This solution solved the problem PERFECTLY!

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
Elche
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Wow!!!

This solution solved the problem PERFECTLY!

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes