Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ialk
Newcomer

Laptop Freezes when installing GPU drivers

Hello, 

I used the AMD Driver Auto Detect to update my GPU driver. After running the software AMD Adrenaline was installed and from there I choose to download the recommended driver with the option of removing older versions of AMD drivers and restart. After the restart the installation began and my laptop froze as soon as it finished.

Laptop is Hp Pavilion 15 with AMD Radeon HD 8670M. (Intel core i7 3632QM with Intel HD Graphics 4000)

After that I went into Safe Mode uninstalled the driver and the software tried reinstalling and it failed same as first time, so I did the DISM command for scanHealth and Restore Health there was no error and I also ran the sfc /scannow there was no error too. I also ran DDU to remove all the leftovers and still nothing works. Right now I have no driver.

I have used previous software like crimson and did not have this problem.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Laptop graphics update...How to 

Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. 

This guide is separated into laptops with APU/AMD graphics and Intel/AMD graphics:

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. I have done all that is in the step except the 1-5 steps because the website has changed I believe, however I did manually select the driver. When I tried installing the driver I got and error (186) - AMD installer cannot continue due to missing or curropted manifest files.

Any Idea what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes