cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

p_i2
Adept I

Laptop Doesn't use RX 560

I just got a Dell Inspiron 15 5576 and when I try to use the GPU after setting my programs to high performance it does nothing noticeable it runs as if I was playing a game with the R5 Graphics. I had a problem with it a few days ago installing the newer drivers and I fixed it by updating my Bios from the Dell website but even though that's fixed I have a problem running games with my graphics card even though the game in AMD Radeon settings is set to use my Radeon GPU and is in high performance mode so I don't know what's going on. I don't even get performance close to an RX 460. I'm attempting to play NBA 2K17, it's going well but I lowered all the settings and the resolution and I am barely hitting 60 FPS in games.

GPU: Radeon RX 560

Driver Version: Adrenalin 18.5.1

Display Devices: Built-in Monitor, 1920x1080 48Hz or 60Hz

Motherboard: Dell Inc.

Bios Version: Dell Inc. 1.0.7

CPU/APU: AMD A10 FX 9630P

PSU: Dell DA130PE1-00 130W
RAM: 8 GB DDR4

0 Kudos
26 Replies
pokester
MVP

Re: Laptop Doesn't use RX 560

It sounds like you are doing the correct things depending on where you got your driver.

Did it work okay with the driver that shipped with your laptop? Did you get your 18.5.1 driver from Dell. Very often the laptop drivers are customized for the solution the put into their laptops. Laptop drivers for this reason should always be from the manufacturer not the vanilla drivers. I can't promise this fixes it but it is a good place to start. From there talk to the support departement of the company that made your laptop.

If that doesn't help you can open a support request with AMD: Email Form

You might want to see this support page in case it shows something you didn't try: https://community.amd.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.amd.com%2Fen-us%2Fkb-articles...

0 Kudos
p_i2
Adept I

No it didn't work with the drivers it came with which was Crimson 17.1.1. As far as I know they aren't supported for the RX 560. I guess I'll talk to Dell support to see if they have anything.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

These would be the latest driers for your laptop APU. This is the only driver you install. > APU

Clean install it, remembering to disconnect from the internet while uninstalling/installing the drivers and have rebooted your computer.

Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

DDU has new instructions..make sure you have the latest version

p_i2
Adept I

I followed all your steps but it doesn't seem to be working. I set my games to high performance but they never use the discrete gpu and they just run off the apu.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Did you use the monitor to determine which graphics is being used?

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD

Do you have your laptop power plan set to "Performance" ? The default is 'balanced'.

0 Kudos
p_i2
Adept I

I don't have a part in my performance tab that tracks gpu usage. And I do have my power plan set to high performance including the options in "Change advanced power settings" that are set to maximize performance.

Edit: That's odd I was running windows version 1703 and now its updating to 1803 it may or may not solve my issue so I'll respond when the update is over.

0 Kudos
p_i2
Adept I

I think I fixed it after the windows update but it says that my rx 560s dedicated gpu memory is 512/512 and on unigine heaven i scored a 642 with my specs.

0 Kudos
p_i2
Adept I

Nevermind, it says the GPU is being used but I don't see better performance and I'm currently running 18.5.1 drivers and the Dell drivers are still on crimson.

0 Kudos
p_i2
Adept I

Games use the rx 560 but for some reason it says the dedicated gpu memory is only 512 so whats up with that? Now if i turn a game to power saving it starts running on the apu at 100%. i scored around a 640-670 on unigine heaven but thats probably the only time it uses my discrete gpu

download.jpg