cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

p_i2
Adept I

Laptop Doesn't use RX 560

I just got a Dell Inspiron 15 5576 and when I try to use the GPU after setting my programs to high performance it does nothing noticeable it runs as if I was playing a game with the R5 Graphics. I had a problem with it a few days ago installing the newer drivers and I fixed it by updating my Bios from the Dell website but even though that's fixed I have a problem running games with my graphics card even though the game in AMD Radeon settings is set to use my Radeon GPU and is in high performance mode so I don't know what's going on. I don't even get performance close to an RX 460. I'm attempting to play NBA 2K17, it's going well but I lowered all the settings and the resolution and I am barely hitting 60 FPS in games.

GPU: Radeon RX 560

Driver Version: Adrenalin 18.5.1

Display Devices: Built-in Monitor, 1920x1080 48Hz or 60Hz

Motherboard: Dell Inc.

Bios Version: Dell Inc. 1.0.7

CPU/APU: AMD A10 FX 9630P

PSU: Dell DA130PE1-00 130W
RAM: 8 GB DDR4

0 Likes
26 Replies

It sounds like you are doing the correct things depending on where you got your driver.

Did it work okay with the driver that shipped with your laptop? Did you get your 18.5.1 driver from Dell. Very often the laptop drivers are customized for the solution the put into their laptops. Laptop drivers for this reason should always be from the manufacturer not the vanilla drivers. I can't promise this fixes it but it is a good place to start. From there talk to the support departement of the company that made your laptop.

If that doesn't help you can open a support request with AMD: Email Form

You might want to see this support page in case it shows something you didn't try: https://community.amd.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.amd.com%2Fen-us%2Fkb-articles...

0 Likes

No it didn't work with the drivers it came with which was Crimson 17.1.1. As far as I know they aren't supported for the RX 560. I guess I'll talk to Dell support to see if they have anything.

0 Likes

These would be the latest driers for your laptop APU. This is the only driver you install. > APU

Clean install it, remembering to disconnect from the internet while uninstalling/installing the drivers and have rebooted your computer.

Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

DDU has new instructions..make sure you have the latest version

I followed all your steps but it doesn't seem to be working. I set my games to high performance but they never use the discrete gpu and they just run off the apu.

0 Likes

Did you use the monitor to determine which graphics is being used?

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD

Do you have your laptop power plan set to "Performance" ? The default is 'balanced'.

0 Likes

I don't have a part in my performance tab that tracks gpu usage. And I do have my power plan set to high performance including the options in "Change advanced power settings" that are set to maximize performance.

Edit: That's odd I was running windows version 1703 and now its updating to 1803 it may or may not solve my issue so I'll respond when the update is over.

0 Likes
p_i2
Adept I

I think I fixed it after the windows update but it says that my rx 560s dedicated gpu memory is 512/512 and on unigine heaven i scored a 642 with my specs.

0 Likes
p_i2
Adept I

Nevermind, it says the GPU is being used but I don't see better performance and I'm currently running 18.5.1 drivers and the Dell drivers are still on crimson.

0 Likes
p_i2
Adept I

Games use the rx 560 but for some reason it says the dedicated gpu memory is only 512 so whats up with that? Now if i turn a game to power saving it starts running on the apu at 100%. i scored around a 640-670 on unigine heaven but thats probably the only time it uses my discrete gpu

download.jpg

Any chance you still under warrenty ? It's possible your Vid_Mem chips have gone bad in some places. I do know windows-10 took forever and a day to include and revamp the process manager for compatibility, about 1607 was when Microsoft started work on fixing .. said issues.

0 Likes

its still under warranty for the next 7 months or so but what can i do with that?

0 Likes

is this still a problem for you?ie literally tried everything and i still can't access my other 3.5 gb of vram (i also have a dell 5576 with the same specs as you except i put more ram and an ssd in.

0 Likes

According to this, you have a 460..not a 560.

https://laptopmedia.com/laptop-specs/dell-inspiron-15-5576/

Dell Inspiron 15 5576 Gaming Specs - CNET

http://www.microcenter.com/product/481825/dell-inspiron-15-5576-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black

The latest driver for your APU...which is the only graphics driver you install AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

HP Support drivers:

Support for Inspiron 15 5576 Gaming | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

Laptop graphics update...How to

"

For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's...

The laptop must be plugged in,,,not on battery

The laptop computer power plan must be set to 'Performance'...not 'balanced'

Use the AMD controls to designate which graphics are to be used in a application > Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD

AMD Radeon RX 460 Notebook (RX 460M) - NotebookCheck.net Tech

PassMark Software - Video Card (GPU) Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

0 Likes

Game Benchmarks

F1 2017

F1 2017

low 1280x720

37  fps    + Compare

med. 1920x1080

27  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

24  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

20  fps    + Compare

» With all tested laptops playable in detail settings low.

Dirt 4

Dirt 4

low 1280x720

95.4  fps    + Compare

med. 1920x1080

60.7  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

39.6  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

22.4  fps    + Compare

» With all tested laptops playable in detail settings high.

Prey

Prey

low 1280x720

57.5  fps    + Compare

med. 1920x1080

49.2  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

36.4  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

30.3  fps    + Compare

» With all tested laptops playable in detail settings high.

Overwatch

low 1280x720

100  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

79.7  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

43  fps    + Compare

» With all tested laptops playable in detail settings ultra.

Additional Benchmarks

Medium (Render Scale 100 %) 2xAF FXAA 1920x1080

Ashes of the Singularity

med. 1920x1080

24.2  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

21  fps    + Compare

» The benchmarks indicate that the game is not playable in the tested settings.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

low 1024x768

61.5  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

28.4  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

19.7  fps    + Compare

Fallout 4

low 1280x720

55.4  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

32.3  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

27.7  fps    + Compare

Batman: Arkham Knight

low 1280x720

43  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

35  fps    + Compare

The Witcher 3

low 1024x768

71.7  fps    + Compare

high 1920x1080

29.6 fps  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

17.2  fps    + Compare

Thief

Thief

low 1024x768

24.7  fps    + Compare

» The benchmarks indicate that the game is not playable in the tested settings.

Metro: Last Light

low 1024x768

42.6  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

29.5  fps    + Compare

BioShock Infinite

low 1280x720

96  fps    + Compare

ultra 1920x1080

41.4  fps    + Compare

» With all tested laptops playable in detail settings ultra.

0 Likes

My laptopl says im running an rx560 in the device manager and in AMD radeon settings.

0 Likes

and in the task manager and unigine heaven, it tells me that there is only 512 MB of vram to be used

0 Likes

The laptop manufacturer says 460.

0 Likes

I called to the support desk of dell today.

They told me there is no way to increase the value of dedicated GPU memory.

(I'm not sure whether I can change the value using registry editor...)

But it's okay, I confirmed my laptop can use more than 512MB of dedicated vram

1.png2.png

(I'm sorry, pictures are in Japanese)

We can see a game application was using about 1.5GB of dedicate vram, despite the maximum value seems to be 512MB.

Please check your condition again.

0 Likes

Thanks. I found exactly the same. It said only 512mb but in task manager in the details tab I added in dedicated gpu memory as a column and then ran a game. It was sitting around 2.5Gb about 5 times 512mb. The other key is to make sure that the AMD catalyst control centre is installed. There you can assign which applications are assigned to the dedicated gpu. I never downloaded any drivers from the AMD site. I only downloaded the ones that the Dell update manager told me to install. If you have other drivers then uninstall them and then just use Dell to update. I am really glad to have fixed this issue as previously my dedicated gpu link was not being used. 

The following youtube video was also very helpful.

HOW TO SWITCH FROM INTERNAL GPU TO YOUR DEDICATED GPU ON AMD CARDS - YouTube

0 Likes
lrvdnagasai
Journeyman III

mine also same configuration but 12gigs ram.
I'am also facing the same issue, I'm searching internet for this problem over 6 months but nothing solves.

If you found any solution please reply
or mail to: lrvdnagasai@gmail.com

0 Likes
livdans95
Journeyman III

i have the inspiron 15 5576 gaming laptop and i was stumped for months with the same problem you may not beleive it but all you need to do is uninstall all amd graphics drivers from your pc and simply download the graphics driver from the dell website only!!! can honestly say after doing this simple process might laptops performance has drastically increased i only really play league of legends and originally with the driver issues i would struggle to maintain 30 fps on all very low settings now i sit steady at 60 fps on high settings trust me simply uninstall original amd graphics drivers and simply download and install the driver provided by the dell website i hope this saved some people months of time as this was a real struggle to figure out anyway good luck guys ! 

I've tried that method.but not worked

0 Likes
samirsaloum
Journeyman III

I have a dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 5576 (AMD A10-9630P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C + 6G) and I started to install the drivers offered by dell, when I see that I lost my video settings (I had not updated the bios), update the APU as the AMD page says but none worked.
When updating the Bios with the Controller that Dell offers, I already recognized the card but the discrete one was not activated when playing, only the integrated one. I decided to uninstall everything and make sure to install everything that Dell support recommends for my laptop and although I don't have adrenaline 19.9.2 or 19.9.3 that none gave me more than 30 fps. With Radeon Crimson Relive 17.7 I have a Radeon RX560 Discreet active giving me 100fps

0 Likes
grizz
Journeyman III

Has anyone found a solution for this yet??? It’s 2020 and I still have this issue. Got my laptop sometime back in 2016 or 2017. Ever since i’ve had it I have never been able to use my rx560. I’ve tried all the solutions on here (some instructions unclear) to no avail. 

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5576 Gaming with the 

AMD A-10 9630p RADEON R5, and the RX560.

My 560 is the dedicated, but everything uses my R5. When I play Overwatch it defaults to the R5, when I set anything to High Profile it still does so. 
I even went to Windows 10 Graphic Settings, but my Battery-Saver and High-Performance options are BOTH the R5!!! Despite the fact my Device Manager shows the RX560 

0 Likes