cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

me262schwalbe1
Adept III

Re: Laptop - Asus ROG Stryx GL702ZC non-functional FreeSync after driver update

I have made sure microsoft updates were done first.

I paused the windows 10 updates.

Microsoft supplied AMD old Display and Media drivers were affecting Freesync function features.
Then I,
1:Used DDU and restarted
2:Installed asus stock radeon 17.6 first and then 17.7 
Restarted each time.
3:Installed radeon 18.2.1 and then 19.6.3
And tested freesync,it was on and working.
I'm going to test 19.12.1 today ,it also showed the freesync being on,but did'nt test it.
4: start of 19.12.2 and onwards 2020 edition does not allow amd freesync display button 
To turn on,it is greyed out.They broke the Freesync feature with my model....
Same for 20.4.1 and 20.7.1 and 20.7.2
P.S. make sure you install the supported chipset driver dated june 6th 2020 under AM4 on amd download drivers.
0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

Confirmed,radeon 19.12.1 works.

protosangelus
Journeyman III

Radeon 19.12.1 is the last working version for Freesync for these model lines (laptop RX 580). Don't know if AMD will ever expand the support to the laptop or if ASUS will update it through BIOS/Chipset. I'm hoping something gets done as I have payed for the whole deal. Not just "Eh, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't".

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

I been writing amd tech support via email constantly and have talked with asus ceo office via email..

They both replied that they have passed it on....

Well,I'm still writing them periodically....

And wont quit until they assign a small team to develop updated supported drivers and bios/firmware updates...

As well as I mentioned Dx 11 and 12 optimization...

Hopefully ,I will get a positive response....

About games that I wrote on dev forums to be patched and fixed,for example

Creative assemblies forum for attila game and the last roman dlc...

I posted many issues and got little to no response on them getting that game to be more optimized...the game is still run like crap....

Bugs,display images faded out being blank,icons of unit flags,cards of units,the option to use your spy to attack menu button disappears,same with army attack,etc....

Not to mention A.I. bugs ,too many unhistorical fighting the berbers and sardinians,when the game story and missions become harder to complete,on legendary....

Army cant retreat far enough,etc...

List goes on about that game poor optimization and fixes that never got fixed.....

And other games like ryse son of rome and operation racoon city,etc...all bad pc ports with bad optimization....

And the fact that being stuck on 19.12.1 and cannot play new games smoothly and benefit with my laptop sucks...

The lack of support is keeping me on older games and cannot play new ones....

Shadow of tomb raider and rise of the tomb raider,doom eternal and re2 and re3.....

All run poorly....

I have done the proper steps of first booting into safe mode.

Use ddu.

Then restart.

Then install asus 17.6

Restart.

Then 17.7

Restart.

Then 19.12.1

Restart.

I'm stuck....

Like me and all of you out there ,I dont like paying 1700+ ,1605 for machine then 108 for ram and then 534 for RMA repairs on top of that just to get it back in new refurbished condition...

And I cannot get support and optimization for my own model line......

0 Likes