cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tripolko2
Journeyman III

LAG

Hello! So recently, I installed OBS... It did not work. I browsed the internet for the answers... But the only one I found is to update drivers. So I did... The problems started then. My mouse / Computer lagged from time to time. I uninstalled them but now I am stuck with NO drivers. And if I install any AMD drivers for my PC... It just keeps on lagging...

AND YES, I updated my PC to the latest...

SPECS:

AMD A8-7410 APU

R5 - M330

RAM - 8 GB

Please I need help...

0 Likes
7 Replies
tripolko2
Journeyman III

Ok here is the UPDATE -.-

I installed the new adrenalin that is RECOMMENDED for me. 20.4.2 (1), it was going fine and I thought aah. Now that solves the problem. NOPE! The next day I turn on my LapTop and the lag is back again... I mean... AMD is a huge company... And This is customer support? Wow, I am shooked. What am I suppose to do now...? 

+ new update

I am installing the software of the HP website (because something told me to do) and I am stuck on "Detecting your hardware" screen :/ Not the best thing to be stuck on... 

0 Likes

I have a similar problem as well. Use the uninstall utility from AMD to uninstall all the drivers first then download a slightly older version of the driver from the AMD website and than upgrade it not to the latest one seems to solve the problem for me. Another thing that seems can stable the system is not to use PCIe 4.0, in the BIOS set it to PCIe 3.0. My guess is windows is not fully compactable well with PCIe 4.0 yet, so not using it might be a good idea. I have other issues relating to the driver as well but it seems all gone once using PCIe 3.0. Have a try and see how it goes.

I have removed 20.4.1 / 20.4.2 and installed 20.3.1 and it's still lagging... going to try the PCIe 3.0... I'll keep you updated! Thanks a lot

0 Likes

I can't find the button to switch to PCIe 3.0. ... Guess laptops are out of the way... Imma try to update the drivers and see what happenes. Well if nothing works I will install a Driver from 2017. (when I bought the laptop)

0 Likes
tripolko2
Journeyman III

So here is what I DID ! IT FINALLY WORKS! BOOH-YEAH!  I had multiple users in my laptop so I factory reset it. The lags were present after the reinstall so I knew It must be the drivers... I unInstalled them, Updated WINDOWS and updated all of the drivers with a tool named "DRIVER EASY" (Trust me on that one you will need it ) after that I installed the 17.2.1 AMD drivers. And HOLY ANGELS IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM! Thank you @kinglokchung2000 for helping me

0 Likes

Unfortunately 101 things can cause lag. Nice to see you already reset you box and eliminated the problem.

I had to reset my rig today because several problems that just would not resolve.

0 Likes
tripolko2
Journeyman III

Oh well... Here, we go, again... When I tried recording my screen ( OBS, BANDICAM, FRAPS WIN+G ) there is a green rectangle fragment at the bottom... I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the other "OLD" one... BUT! THE LAG IS BACK! And now I don't know what to do...

PLS HELP

0 Likes