Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

EeTheG
Adept I

Just How Powerful is the 6800?

IT IS INCREDIBLE!

I left mine on a stack of bills to pay and despite the terrible gusts from my open window, it kept them securely under its' powerful frame.

As for graphics power - who would know as my last 40+ waking hours have been spent trying to to find a path between DKMS no-likey Kernel, to 6800 no visible under OpenCL - oh I have forgotten too many of the joy filled moments just before  "Master D##K" as I now call that package, takes a "doodee" on my parade. No opting for --no-master-d##k either, I need ROCM/R thingy and them there codes need the blasted thing.

I would post lots of details, but I would only be saying the same as the rest of the Ubuntu users... Yes, done the firmware, tried upstream (DKMS doesn't like Kernels 5.10+) - downgraded Kernel, tried open source drivers - you can get to a lot of combo's in the time I have been pharting around with this!!

“It is impossible to genuinely elevate yourself by pushing another person lower”
0 Likes
2 Replies
mountkidd
Adept II

Hey,

Send me your 6800 and I'll get it working...

0 Likes

No juice @mountkidd 

My bills would blow away then!!

“It is impossible to genuinely elevate yourself by pushing another person lower”
0 Likes