cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

hoppiez
Journeyman III

Jurassic World Evolution 2 has a periodic frame hiccup/stutter when park is large no matter what

Hi, so this is really weird, because I have both Planet Zoo/Coaster which run on the same engine as this; both run fine.

JWE2 ran fine for the most part, however, I am doing the "Jurassic Park" Chaos Theory mission now, and your park gets quite big. Now that it is large, this periodic jittering/hiccupping keeps occurring.

What's strange, is that even the game itself seems to "flicker" along with the hiccup. Here's a clip of what I mean- look closely at the guests and how they jitter periodically: Jurassic World Evolution 2 2023 04 19 23 59 - YouTube

I recorded a clip with a frametime graph as well - the graph shows a consistent, periodic spike associated with the stutter: Jurassic World Evolution 2 2023 04 21 01 45 - YouTube

Those spikes in the graph do not happen at all when in a smaller park. It doesn't necessarily seem to be tied to framerate either, since it persists when completely still and as I've mentioned, the park guests jitter along with it. What's even weirder is that I deleted a single path in my park which subsequently causing most other buildings to lose power, yet the stutters subside from doing it- look at what I mean here: Jurassic World Evolution 2 2023 04 22 16 08 - YouTube The spikes come back after reconnecting the path.

It still occurs with the lowest graphics settings or highest. It occurs in both fullscreen mode and borderless mode. I even rebooted the game each time I changed the settings. Again, no issue in large parks of Planet Zoo or Planet Coaster. Verifying integrity of game files, reinstalling, vsync and triple buffering toggled on/off, nothing fixes this.

I am currently on AMD driver 23.4.2, but I just updated it today from the last ver, still same problem.

Specs:

GPU: RX 6600 XT

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @3600 MHz XMP enabled in BIOS

MSI B550 Gaming Plus

EVGA 80 Gold Plus 600W

Asus 165 Hz Freesync display @1080p

0 Likes
0 Replies