cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

celebelly
Journeyman III

Jagged Edges and Laggy Games

Roughly two days ago I updated (or believed to have) Windows 10 on my PC, or at least the night before. The other night, the fuse went out in my room and shut off my computer that's plugged into a surge protector I have. Both the protector's lights are still on indicating it's still working properly and didn't have to absorb any electricity, though my computer has been acting strange ever since.

1. And most importantly to me, edges are now choppy and jagged both on my desktop and in games. I've a Radeon RX 480 I installed into my tower almost 2 years ago. At first I thought it was an issue with it and dug into just about every Radeon setting that was provided. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it completely as well as the settings, though during the lapse where it wasn't installed before reinstalling it, the jaggedness was still present without my graphics card running, so I don't believe that's the issue?

2. A few months back my power button broke, leaving me to often have to put my computer to sleep at night as opposed to turning it off, though roughly once a week I'll restart it, though because of my tinkering with my graphics card I've been having to restart it often. For whatever reason, when I restart it now it turns completely off and "forgets" to turn back on, making me have to open my tower and touch the prongs with a screwdriver to power it back on each and every time. I'm not sure if these problems are related, though they started happening at the same time.

My issue with 2 isn't ideal but I can live with it. I'd like some suggestions to 1 if possible. Not only, as a gamer, does the jaggedness bother me but it also actually causes my games, Heroes of the Storm as the worst, to now run with frames all over the place. My FPS has dropped dramatically, so much so I can't even play it. Other games have a similar problem now but not to the same extent.

Things I've Tried:

• Defragmenting
  • Uninstalling my graphics card along with the settings and reinstalling it
  • Rolling back my graphics card
  • Disabling my graphics card
  • Messing around extensively with Radeon's settings
  • Troubleshooting
  • Using a new HDMI
  • Restoring my computer to a previous point (Though it got stuck for over 2 hours twice, in both cases I had to just reset my computer)
  • Changing my screen's resolutions
  • Downloading the absolute latest drivers I can (Adrenaline included)

Help would GREATLY be appreciated. This has been going on for nearly 3 days now and I've tried everything I could think of. I haven't been able to enjoy games sense. Thank you in advance

0 Likes
0 Replies