cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amplighter
Adept III

It's that time again..

I wasn't able to go as far back to locate my old thread.. But having the same issue again this time around. Seems every time Blizzard updates to a new patch or new expansion.. my drivers are out of date and the game lags or shutters bad. I pulled up the task manger and BAM.. there's like 8 different AMD Radeon programs running in the back ground. I was able to turn these off, but they kept returning. I've said it once and I'll say it again.. Get rid of this Catalyst or Adrenalin what ever it is cause I just need the drivers without all the foo foo. Since these Adrenalin keeps loading and slowing down my system, I've deleted this thing.. But because of doing that my Vega drives isn't loading correctly and because I'm not able to locate a drive for is. I'm running World of Warcraft on a wing and a prayer. When are you going to just off the drivers without this Adrenalin or at least make it so that I can shut this **bleep** off as to keep it from taxing my system while attempting to play WoW.

0 Likes
1 Solution
amplighter
Adept III

So you're not going to believe what happen this morning.. The old system crashed hard.. but that was a good thing. Seems when I copied a system image to a flash drive off the windows site.. I may have gotten just the "drivers" for both of the drivers my system has.. I can't tell you why my system has two drivers.. but **bleep** does. Anyway. I just returned online from a 4 hours reload and update and just tested WoW.. there's no more out of date driver message. Went to the device manager.. and BAM it shows that both drivers and both have been updated, all without having to use the Adrenalin or catalyst type setup directly from the AMD drivers site. Having the system crash, defiantly helped load the correct drivers on my system. Not sure if that was the hard way to do things or an easy way.. either way the issue has been taken care of.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
amplighter
Adept III

So you're not going to believe what happen this morning.. The old system crashed hard.. but that was a good thing. Seems when I copied a system image to a flash drive off the windows site.. I may have gotten just the "drivers" for both of the drivers my system has.. I can't tell you why my system has two drivers.. but **bleep** does. Anyway. I just returned online from a 4 hours reload and update and just tested WoW.. there's no more out of date driver message. Went to the device manager.. and BAM it shows that both drivers and both have been updated, all without having to use the Adrenalin or catalyst type setup directly from the AMD drivers site. Having the system crash, defiantly helped load the correct drivers on my system. Not sure if that was the hard way to do things or an easy way.. either way the issue has been taken care of.

0 Likes
amplighter
Adept III

it 2024 and the system is holding steady. More so after I found out that Microsoft's auto update tried to install new amd drivers again.. I was able to shut this down with the use of the wushowhide software. then force the drivers to use the AMD version. Still not getting the yellow exclamation mark within the game letting me know that the drive was out of date. Plus with how wow retail is progressing.. I've ended up return to wow classic as I do not like the current status of wow retail. My system seems t be holding steady being that it's 6 years old. So wanted to thank those at AMD for finally allowing users to eliminate the catalyst from the system just get the drivers needed. This has made a big difference.

0 Likes