cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

skollrous
Journeyman III

Issues with Radeon RX560.

I'm going to admit off the back, I'm not to computer smart when trying to figure these issues out.

I upgraded my pc at christmas, with a Radeon RX560. But in the last month or so, I've been getting crashes on a couple of games, where my monitor will go black for a couple of seconds, and it will loose it's connection, then supposedly recover a moment later. If it doesn't recover, it bluescreens, or force restarts. But my settings end up saying, 'Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure', if it recovers or not.

I updated to 19.5.2, then everything seemed fine for about two days, then the same issue started up. I was running 19.4.2  before, but also having the same issue.

So far, the only game it really seems to effect, is guild wars 2, but not world of warcraft. And there the only two games I really play.

It doesn't seem to affect my desktop when browsing, or watching youtube.

I attached a bluescreen picture I took the night before, and the event viewer details from it.

This is on a windows 7 pc.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Need to post more Computer information.

What are are the temperatures of the RX560 when playing the games that crash?

You may have to configure your RX560 in AMD Wattman (Radeon Settings) to make it more stable. Here is how you set AMD Wattman:

Also here is a basic method of installing AMD Driver so that there won't be any interference from the old driver:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

EDIT: Reread your original post. You mentioned you have Windows 7.

0 Likes