cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Darkness_Angel
Adept III

Issues with PC turning off randomly

So recently built my son a new rig we been sharing till i can get my rig i'm building up and going.  Its a 7950X, asus crossahair x670e extreme, 32 gb 6000 gskill cl30 ram, 2 1 TB NVME drives in the Memory looking slot, 7900XTX (from AMDs site).

What i see for example.  playing overwatch, next thing you know everything goes black, computers off, but the power button light is still on.  Holding the power button down for even 30 seconds it still doesnt turn on, or even the light to the power go off. (011 dynamic evo case).  Sometimes this happens once a night, sometimes 5 times a night, hitting the reset button does nothing.  The only way to get power back is to turn the power supply switch off, then turn it back on (1000W seasonic titanium).

I've looked at temps, they never go above 65 junction on the GPU and the cpu stays about that as well.  I dont really see much in mmc console when i bring up event logs.  Only critical i see is a CLID doesnt have access to a APPID which is appbroker.

Any thoughts?  I've got another PSU coming in for my build, i'm going to attempt to swap it out and see if that helps, but figured maybe someones seen the same thing before?

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

Try running OCCT power test for a few minutes to test power or some other load test.\ to test

0 Likes

Are you using 2 separate pcie cables from psu to the card, and is the ram model on the mobo QVL?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Darkness_Angel
Adept III

@goodplay Correct, those are 2 seperate PSU cables from the mboard, not one attached to the other.

Also yes, the ram is on the QVL, heres what i nabed from newegg, and punched it in on ASUS site on my mboard:

G.SKILLF5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR2x 16GB60006000SSSK Hynix30-38-38-961.351,2

@Qoojo Wow i had no idea this utility existed.  Let me give it a go tomorrow i'll report back!

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
0 Likes