Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Fangorn
Adept II

Issues with older games on drivers after 22.5.1

Hello,

I'd like to report that in every driver after 22.5.1:

Tomb Raider 2013 crashes on title screen.

The Red Solstice wouldn't render graphics property - everything is black. Here's the link to steam forums where everyone have this problem: https://steamcommunity.com/app/265590/discussions/0/6296618058103975143/

King's Bounty Warriors of the North - crazy corrupted artifacting when high water settings is selected.

Can you please fix these problems already, cause a lot of us stuck on driver 22.5.1 because of it.

0 Likes
19 Replies
EndUserGamer
Adept I

What GPU?

Also there's a new driver released on 2/14. Since you're still on 22.5.1, you may want to use DDU to fully uninstall older drivers and then install newer drivers. Note: Using DDU will require being in safe mode, and you'll want to disconnect from the internet until after you've installed the new drivers, as being offline prevents Windows from installing drivers before you have installed them. Additionally, using DDU will remove everything, this includes any game profiles and settings. So, if you don't want to wipe any game profiles or particular manual settings, you can try just updating to new version without running DDU.  

X570, 5600x, 32G 3600MHz CL16, RX 6650 XT
0 Likes

All gpus with unified driver affected, personally i have RX 6600. Please no need to write common knowledge about DDU, just try to run games i mentioned and you will see what i mean, they broke something in driver after 22.5.1, and no, it is not fixed in the latest driver.

rekoj
Adept II

I also have a problem with Lost Ark, it randomly freeze and BSOD with error code DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION if you are not using 22.5.1 driver, it only happen with that game tho 

0 Likes

Yeah, i only wrote about games i played myself, but for sure its more broken titles with these new drivers.

Fangorn
Adept II

Driver 23.2.2 still no fix, like WTH guys, Tomb Raider 2013 even sponsored by your company.

0 Likes
Fangorn
Adept II

Driver 23.3.1 - Tomb Raider 2013 is fixed.

The Red Solstice and King's Bounty Warriors of the North still broken.

0 Likes
Fangorn
Adept II

Driver 23.4.1 - still no fix for the Red Solstice and King's Bounty.

0 Likes
Fangorn
Adept II

Driver 23.4.2 - Still no fix.

0 Likes

Re: red solstice, make sure to include it is an Opengl game in title/description when you send bug reports.

There was an opengl driver overhaul after 22.5.1 & some games specific code may need further fix. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Fangorn
Adept II

Driver 23.4.3 - Still no fix.

0 Likes
LEO1058
Journeyman III

You can try to find registry “\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Crystal Dynamics\Tomb Raider\Graphics” and change the value of “RenderAPI” to 9. Only some features of DX11 will be invalid, and it‘s actually hard to find the difference in playing.

0 Likes
Fangorn
Adept II

Driver 23.5.1 - no fix. You guys are doing an "amazing" job with your drivers...

extracoconut
Journeyman III

Similar issues with Assassin's Creed - Chronicles - India. Works in an old driver (from Oct 2021) but crashes ever since. I try each new update. And never any change. Also, RX6600.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

So the best is 22.5.1. Ok I will roll back to it.

Now I get total freeze on Dota and rarely on triple AAA game.

Any link I can download for 22.5.1?

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
Fangorn
Adept II

Yeah, looks like we are stuck with 22.5.1 driver. 

0 Likes
Fangorn
Adept II

Driver 23.7.2 - King's Bounty was fixed but The Red Solstice still broken.

0 Likes
VoenPred
Journeyman III

Driver 23.12.1 7800xt - The Red Solstice still broken. The Red Solstice wouldn't render graphics property - everything is black. AMD Adrenalin Edition shows The Red Solstice as Red Alert 2.

VoenPred_0-1703185336233.png

0 Likes
peruka93
Staff

"The Red Solstice" game - Fix is ready internally. Expect to be included in one of the future driver releases (may not be the soonest one).

0 Likes