cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tag75
Elite

Re: Issues with older Direct X 9 Games

Don't worry guys Terry Makedon at catalyst maker has said all will be good for dx9 games.

pokester
MVP

I follow Terry on Twitter and I trust what he says. I'm sure they will fix this bug soon. I hopes so, because I originally came to AMD because the green team years ago had a habit of making room for new games in their drivers by removing older games optimizations.

I don't know how everyone else is but I revisit my favorite games frequently. New games often don't even get a few hours before I decide I am done with it. So when the drivers break a game like the Witcher 1 that I have many hours of game play in, yes I wan't it fixed. Also DX9 still has by far the biggest game library, with new titles still coming out.

Please AMD get this fixed quickly & shame on you if you don't.

plumboby
Miniboss

I am new to AMD tho if you want a work around for older games which does work going off a m8 thats run into a simular issue not me as of yet touch wood. DX9 games are supported a bug had come through AMD is resolving nothing has been stated about not supporting dx9 titles as they were running on previous updates. Either roll back to a previous driver of if your technically minded & know the files to look for go threw the games library of the game files saved an adjust the binaries of to get the games to run & adjust to suit. I know of a few on U Tubes doing a work around to get older games to run. Its not an AMD fault either if your using steam is a bug thats come threw the system because of the high amounts buying games & buying new videocards. ! issue has been has been i know of games threw steam loading up the wrong drivers for older games. If using steam for older games Validate game integrity helps a lot wiping corrupted or wrong drivers which sometimes does run the issue. I found the new steam updates & MS updates have favored nvidia atm coz of the $ nvidia is throwing at them for there crap products & service. Dont worry AMD will resolve these issues as they will & are prety good to deal with wait with patience or look for work arounds. A few on U Tube & other forums that have worked out the issue.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AMD officially end support for dx9 games?

Please keep your posts on topic, I've had to remove a couple from this thread.

Might be worthwhile reading the Terms and Conditions of the forum before making any further posts.

Terms and Conditions

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

It looks like is fixed in 18.1.1 Driver.
The Witcher Enhanced Edition is running fine for me now.

It would not even launch with Adrenalin 17.12.1 or 17.12.2.

Bye.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Glad to see they finally listed 18.1.1 on the driver page where it can actually help most people. Been using it for weeks now since being posted in the forums here. I know I commented about why it still wasn't on the driver page yesterday then poof there it was!

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I think the 18.1.1 listed is a Beta driver, I think the previous one was an Alpha driver?
Beta ... usually means there has been more testiing and possibly some additional coding changes in the driver.
They might be exactly the same of course, but if you are  running the Alpha driver you might be better off running the Beta one instead.
Bye.

marekbujko
Adept III

Yes. Final is WHQL only. 18.1.1 is beta, because is not WHQL verified.

colesdav
MVP

Yes thanks, sometimes WHQL drivers do not turn up for whatever reason.
Possibly a Beta driver is an "interim fix" and there is a newer driver going through WHQL certification anyhow.
In any case Adrenalin 18.1.1 Beta is the most stable of the Adrenalin Drivers I have seen yet.
There are still some issues to iron out on my PC Systems but I am keeping it installed on my Windows 10 and 7 OS.
I think it is worth at least testing it to see if it is stable enough for most users now.  
Bye.

0 Likes
marekbujko
Adept III

Is this a problem. Ex. Nvidia publishes WHQL drivers (1-2 Beta per year). On the page you can see which drivers are WHQL and which are not.

Which is latest WHQL driver from AMD? 17.12.1 or 17.12.2 fix?

17.12.1 WHQL (12 Dec 2017)

17.12.2 Beta (20 Dec 2017)

18.1.1 Alpha (4 Jan 2018)

18.1.1 Beta (18 Jan 2018)

0 Likes