cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

neoneagle
Adept I

Issues with new drivers for A6-5200 APU Integrated Graphics (HD 8400)

Overall, my experience with AMD was acceptable, never really had any problems and didn't mind it. It was fine for years, keeping the same drivers, from about 2015. A Windows Update from Windows 10 updated the drivers for my AMD parts, the APU and GPU that is integrated. It updated the integrated graphics, and after that I've been getting this stuttering that is so unusual. It freezes about every 5 seconds, without me doing anything. Even after restarting, launching nothing. The problem could be with the low power PSU equipped in my laptop. The mouse and screen keep freezing and it gets really annoying, and unplayable for any games and even watching YouTube.
I have tried multiple fixes for this and I only see a few working to help me.
The problem might be the power supply that it gets and doesn't have enough for the new drivers.

Currently, I'm trying to use the Clean Install listed, downloading the DDU.
I doubt this will fix anything, and yes I was using the correct way and followed all directions.

The two fixes that I believe in the most are getting Outdated Drivers, or reinstalling Windows 10.
There's only one that I really like, and want to do, the other one I don't really want to do.

Getting Outdated Drivers for my NoteBook Graphics with the CPU A6-5200 integrated with HD 8400 Graphics would be the best. If there is any way to download older drivers please tell me. The best ones would be from about 2015 or 2016.
This is about the only option that isn't too long or requires a lot of experience.

The last and final option is reinstalling Windows 10 which I am truly against since it takes so long and I have no experience with it that could help me at all. I don't even know if I need to get a new activation code,  and I don't really want to lose everything, this option would probably work but is very time consuming for me. I do not want to do this until it is the last option.

I have tried almost everything else, rolling back drivers. Doesn't work. Twice I tried to do a System Restore, but it failed twice, using different dates with my AV off.
If there is any way to get outdated drivers, which is not available on the AMD website as far as I know, it would be very nice. I can't find them anywhere else from a safe website that I can trust.

Thank you for reading, and if you find anything that can help me (Link to Outdated Drivers) then please tell me, if I can't get outdated drivers anywhere, then please tell me how to reinstall Windows 10 without needing a new activation code for my Laptop.

Specs:
CPU: Amd A6-5200
GPU: Integrated Graphics (HD 8400)

12 Replies

Laptop graphics update...How to

The latest driver for your laptop ..always install the full version not the 'minimal setup' > APU

AMD A-Series A6-5200 Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

I already did that, it seems like everyone with the latest driver for this GPU integrated graphics is having the same exact problem.

0 Likes

Previous driver link is on the driver download page: APU

0 Likes

I already been there, they don't have the driver. AMD A6-5200 with Radeon(tm) HD graphics (not HD 8400 graphics!!)

0 Likes
georges
Challenger

If your Windows 10 PC/Laptop is activated you don't need new activation code , Windows 10 will be activated again automatically if you open the internet connection

Just choose that you don't have activation code before install

0 Likes
wah
Journeyman III

i currently still having this problem and it just make my screen freeze every 2 seconds with all the new drivers

i have an hp notebook 

i'm also having the same issue and after uninstalling amd software i have Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers and i cant really do much with it installed i wish i could find the drivers i had installed previously because my pc is unusable with the amd software/drivers and laggy with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers :/

0 Likes

0 Likes

i have the same issue..i have install window 10 pro 2019  and my laptop  screen freeze every 2 to 3 seconds.but in window 8 its working ok

0 Likes

had to make an account here, but has this issue been solved at all? im having the same problem here and nothing is working.

here's a fix try to download amd catalyst driver and it will work like butter
0 Likes

Bro, same problem!

0 Likes