cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Elite
Elite

Re: Issues waking from sleep with latest 19.1 and 19.2

Same here, fast startup and hibernation are disabled but still getting sleep and resume from sleep problems with 18.12.2/3 and 19.1.1/2 all works fine with 18.10.1 and earlier. Though to add insult to injury when I do rollback from those recent drivers I run into the problem reported here, not happy! Sending the monitor to sleep with set up for 30 min idle on my desktop with 19.1.2 works OK but I do not put the PC to sleep though.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

All I can recommend at this point is open a support ticket with AMD. I'd put a link to this thread in your request too. 

Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Are you running dual monitors? If you are, try to unhook 1 of them and see if the problem is still there. This is similar to problems I'm having, but I don't use sleep. You can look at my question to get an ideal of what I'm saying.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I solved my computer sleep problem.

What i did:

Adrenalin 19.1.2 and the latest chipset drivers (18.10.1810) were already installed on my computer.

Today i decided to check the chipset installer once again.

I was quite perplexed when it showed all chipset drivers "not installed" (see custom install --> hover mouse cursor over each driver ). So i installed them and rebooted.

I also found an article that says chipset drivers version 18.10.1810 isn't up to date anymore. LINK (german website)

The new version is 18.50.06 and (for unknown reasons) it is only available on the ASUS support website.

Only two things were renewed since previous version:

- AMD GPIO Controller  2.2.0.115   (old: 2.2.0.113)

- AMD PCI Device 1.0.0.0059     (old: 1.0.0.0057)

I took these two drivers from the link above (to avoid installing the whole driver package ~370MB)

and updated directly through the device manager.

After a restarting windows and assuring everything works well I went into bios and flashed it once again (same version).

Then booted into windows with default bios settings.

Tried sleep mode --> It works!!!

Went into bios, loaded my saved settings, started windows

Tried sleep mode --> Computer gets lost in sleep again. (won't wake up properly)

Went into bios, loaded bios defaults, started windows

Sleep mode --> It works!!!

Went into bios and set everything what i need manually, without loading MY saved settings. Started windows

Sleep mode --> It works!!!

Success!

Elite
Elite

Good to hear you fixed it. You did not include your system info, am I correct to assume it is a Laptop?

In my case and I think that of the OPs  the problem is on a desktop PC so your fix may not be relevant.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Its a desktop pc:

- MSI B450M Mortar (bios: 7B89v13)
- AMD R5 2400G APU
- 16GB (2x8) G Skill Aegis 3000Mhz RAM
- Be quiet! pure power 10  600W PSU
- Philips 276E8VJSB 4K IPS Monitor (connected via HDMI)
- Windows 10

here is my post

https://community.amd.com/message/2897369 

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I have an issue where when I lock Windows (Windows key + L) my monitor will go to sleep after a minute. When I turn it back on and unlock, all the windows on my desktop have resized to I'd guess roughly 800x600 and moved to the top left. It doesn't restore them properly. Sometimes it also gives me an error but I forgot to make note of that. if I see it again I'll mention it.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

BTW both new driver files appear in the driver easy database as well.

you could make a find with this tool.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I am running dual monitors. I've tried it with only 1 monitor attached, also tried changing out from HDMI to DVI, still wake issues

Adept I
Adept I

Nice!! I'm glad you got yours working. Because of your post, I went and also double checked if my chipset drivers were installed and saw the same thing you mentioned. I hovered over the 2 drivers and it said it was not installed. I went ahead and installed them. I also re-installed 19.1.2 prior to this just to be able to test it. 

The problem is still there, but I did notice the wake time went from 30seconds - 1 min, down to about 15ish seconds now. It's not as instant as it usually is with the 17x drivers, but I suppose I can live with 15 seconds just to have the most up to date drivers. 

I will continue to monitor this for the next few days, and if it stays consistently with 15 seconds, I will stick with it. The main concern however was the random massive flickering issues I had the other day. So far so good, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Again, I'm glad your issue is resolved! Thank you again for the help and replies!

0 Kudos