cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

antiguy1994
Journeyman III

Issue with Unreal Engine 4 involving Amd Driver and Software

I didn't have any issue with games using the Unreal Engine 4 when using 16.40.2902-radeonpro-winx32x64-dell-mobile software but when I installed the newest Radeon™ Pro Software Adrenalin Edition for Dell Mobile version 17.12.2 I noticed graphic issues with a certain game called Dead by Daylight. My issue can be described as the visuals are having a seizure or like playing on a integrated graphics with 1-5 fps while actually getting 30-50 fps. It goes away when I put the game in windowed mode it does if for another game called Fortnite which uses same engine but it goes away when I have v-sync on. I think have narrowed it down to the amd driver version 22.19.693.256  date 12/1/2017 as the cause which I get through a Windows Update.  I don't any issues with any other games besides these two which both use Unreal Engine 4. At the moment I am using only what I got through the Windows Update and not using the amd software. Let me know if there is anything else I need to give.

Edit: I went to the device manager and did a roll back to the AMD FirePro M6100 FireGL V driver version 15.200.1045.0 date 6/22/2015 and the issue went away which confirms my theory that the amd driver version 22.19.693.256  date 12/1/2017 is the cause and need to be patched.

My Specs

Dell Precision m6800

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 1709 OS Build 16299.192

CPU: Intel i7 4900MQ 2.80 Ghz

GPU: AMD FIrePro M6100 2GB

RAM: 16 GB

Things I tried

-Uninstalled the driver through windows and Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode.

-Tried every version compatible with my computer

-Contacting the Game Developer and tried everything they suggested

-Uninstalled and Reinstalled the v_credist and directx the master fix forum listed

-Put the game as exclusion on my antivirus and firewall

-Used Administrator and every compability option with the exe

-Tried to force V-sync and Triple Buffer on my Amd Software for the game

-Put the game on high performance on my Amd Software

-Put the priority on High

My DxDiag for the 16.40.2902 Drivers: https://pastebin.com/FCyWrAhX

My DxDiag with Latest Drivers: https://pastebin.com/bM8f9P7e

My DxDiag With Stock Windows Drivers: https://pastebin.com/XD8U7F1E https://pastebin.com/XD8U7F1E

My Graphics Drivers (When I had it installed)

https://pastebin.com/16QYh5qV  16.40.2902

https://pastebin.com/adYdgk2a  17.Q4.1

0 Likes
17 Replies
pokester
MVP

Re: Issue with Unreal Engine 4 involving Amd Driver and Software

Sounds like you figured out your own problem! Use the old driver. Good job! Great info too! If you want AMD to get this information you took the time to put together, you probably want to make sure to report it to them through the AMD Issue Reporting Form: AMD Issue Reporting Form   Reporting it here in the forums is no guarantee that anyone at AMD will do anything about it. It is mostly people like you here and just a couple AMD employees. I hate to see a well documented issue not get in the right hands. Good Luck!

0 Likes
antiguy1994
Journeyman III

Problem is the reporting form doesn't my processor, graphics card or the games I have issues with in that reporting form. I don't know what to do other than post here hoping they will see it.

0 Likes
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

This does > Email Form

0 Likes
antiguy1994
Journeyman III

Thank you I sent my information about the issue using this hopefully it can be solved.

0 Likes
suprasec
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue, did a clean windows install as well to no avail. Did a roll back to the 16.4 drivers as a temporary fix but I don't want to be left behind, updated to the Adrenalyn drivers wishing it was solved but it was no use, I'll keep baring the issue while an official fix comes by, any info you get please let me know as it would help a bunch.

Specs just in case:

i5-4690k @3.5 ghz
16gb RAM DDR3 @1866mhz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8gb

Windows 10, drivers and stuff all up to date.

0 Likes
nukeofwf
Journeyman III

I have found a recent driver version that happens to work with UE4 games.

It is version 23.20.793.0

Date 11/15/2017

It was part of one of the 17.10.1 'optional' updates. So that update package might work for you.

Edit: Apologies, it was version 17.11.2 - optional, that allowed my UE4 to work.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

You might want to send an error report off again with what driver does work. Should help them to know exactly what to do to fix it in new drivers. Good job finding your fix. Hope they don't leave it broken.

Good luck!

0 Likes
antiguy1994
Journeyman III

Well I got back an email back from amd after doing the email form and I got this which leads me to think they are not going to do a thing about it and testing my intelligence. My laptop has always been able to play nearly every game they make a driver that broken and expect me to just deal with it. Basically I am in a situation where I either can configure my graphics card and cant play Unreal Engine Games or not be able to configure my graphics card at all which make a good amount of game use my integrated graphics instead of my dedicated. Its really frustrating and makes me not wanna anything to do with amd when I build my desktop pc either this year or next year. I gave them everything they should really need to fix it and its can't be just me having this issue so I am confused why I got a reply like this.

Dear Joshua,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200789596]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

The Dell Precision M6800 laptop is a workstation class device, designed and optimized for use in professional applications like CAD, 3D Modelling, etc.

It is not designed for 3D gaming.

If a previous driver works for you, I would recommend that you keep using them instead.  Also, I would recommend that you try one of these drivers: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/mobile/previous?oem=Dell&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064.

If you have any questions or concerns, if the problems remain or if new problems arise, please do not hesitate to reply to this email directly and I will try to provide any additional information that you may require.

Please be advised that this service request will be permanently closed if you do not reply within 10 days. If more time is needed to respond to my e-mail above, please let me know and I will ensure that this service request remains open for you.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

0 Likes
nukeofwf
Journeyman III

For some reason or another that contact form will not load for me. Joy.

0 Likes