cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

intradat642
Adept I

Issue with RX560 and R5 not working

Hi all. Recently I reinstalled Windows 10 to get a fresh install without Dell programs installed. When I try to open up Radeon Settings, it gives the typical "No AMD graphics drivers installed.

I also get "error code 43" in Device Manager for both the R5 and RX560. I've read many forums before coming here, and tried using default drivers, using DDU in safe mode, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, disabling auto updates, using Dell drivers etc. to no avail. The card was detected with the default Dell OS, but reinstalling that would defeat the purpose of a fresh install. I fear I may be running out of options.

What's interesting is that when I reinstall the drivers, the PCI encryption/decryption controller functions properly again, but not the R5 or RX560

Here are my specs:

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 5576

Ram: 8GB

CPU: A10-9630P

GPU (Primary): Radeon R5 512MB

GPU (Secondary): RX560 4GB

Attempted Driver Install Version: 17.40.2815.1004

Here's an image of the Device Manager (after driver uninstallation):

Pic1.png

If there is any additional info you need, I'll probably be able to get it. I'm semi tech-savvy so I don't have a problem getting down and dirty with changes.

Please help! Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Ok good news. I was able to successfully install the drivers by updating the BIOS with the Dell supplied update. The drivers I used were from the Dell website. Thanks for your help kingfish

View solution in original post

4 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

making me wonder if the dell 3rd party crapware is countering the AMD drivers. how good is you power supply & what OS are you running. Sounds like a dricer conflict. Try load up drivers to your R5 first. Might be both drivers working against each other.

0 Likes

Did you install the correct driver? There is only one driver that you install..not two. > Laptop graphics update...How to

How to select the correct driver:

never install the 'minimal setup'...always the full version. > APU

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Unfortunately this didn't work.

Here's what I did:

Disabled auto driver updates

Uninstalled the  RX560 and R5

Uninstalled the AMD settings in control panel

Deleted C:\AMD folder contents

Downloaded the exact APU driver for my system

Booted in safe mode and used DDU

Installed the APU drivers and rebooted

I still get error 43 in Device Manager and radeon settings won't open

pic2.png

0 Likes

Ok good news. I was able to successfully install the drivers by updating the BIOS with the Dell supplied update. The drivers I used were from the Dell website. Thanks for your help kingfish