cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dusan1
Adept I

Issue with RX 550 2gb

Hello, i have a problem. I bought a new pc 2 months ago and i've experienced some issues with my RX 550. I downloaded two games (CSGO and Lol). At first CSGO was working normal but Lol didn't. Whenever i started first game my fps woud drop below 10 and i would have to restart my pc. After restart fps would back to normal (``250). i reinstaled whole system and downloaded games again and have the same problem with Lol. Recently i've expirienced a problem with CSGO. When i joined a game after 10 minutes the game suddenly freezed, the screen bacame black, but i could still hear the sound of the game. After some time the sound stoped and i have to restart my pc. My drivers are all up to date.

PC spec:

Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GHz

8 gb ram ddr4-2666 MHz CL19 GEIL

RX 550 2GB Sapphire Pulse 

Asus AM4 Prime A320M-K

Power supply 500 W

0 Likes
5 Replies
BNITRO
Adept III

THERMALPASTE...

hitbm47
Forerunner

Thermal paste could possibly be one of the issues on the GPU, but more likely if you hear the fans ramping up when the game locks up like this.

Is the PC parts brand new? Or second hand purchased from someone? The drivers do seem to be locking up on me every now and then on 21.5.2

Kind regards

0 Likes

The whole pc is brand new and gpu is silent but when i restart the pc i hear fans for second or two

(sorry if I write something wrong, my english is not good, my girlfriend helped me to write the problem but now she sleep)

Hi @Dusan1 

That is very nice of your girlfriend, don't worry english is not my first language as well. Do you know how to monitor temperatures with MSI Afterburner.

I would test with Afterburner to see if temperatures, fan speed and power usage is getting high and to see if the GPU is downclocking when this happens, if it does then you are experiencing thermal throttling, otherwise it might be something else such as drivers. You can also check to see if your CPU is getting too hot, acceptable temperatures are below 80C and at maximum 90C.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Thank you for your response. I will test it with Afterburner, I've never used it but I will manage to use it, there are tutorials and instructions so it shouldn't be complicated.