cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

199dragon
Journeyman III

Issue with drivers for 5700xt

Hi everyone, I am currently having issues with the drivers for my 5700xt.

All of a sudden last night after booting up my computer, the entire screen on my monitor was stretched out horizontally. Its basically as if my monitor is only displaying half on what it is supposed to display. The other half of windows is still there, I can move and interact with icons on the other half but its just not showing on my monitor. Its kind of like how if you have dual monitors, you can move your mouse over to the other monitor except I only have one. Additionally, of the half I can see, it is incredibly stretched out horizontally and even my mouse covers for distance on my screen when moving horizontally vs moving vertically.

I managed to temporarily resolve the issue by uninstalling my display drivers and then restarting my pc. However that left me with just using the default window display drivers which cap my fps at 60 and I cannot use freesync. Then when I try and reinstall the amd drivers, everything is fine until the last moment of installation where your screen flashes black. After flashing back, my screen reverts to the stretched out horizontal state and I cannot see the other half of windows on my monitor anymore. I even tried resetting my PC and this problem still persisted.

Another weird issue is that when i snip something on my screen, or take a screenshot, the resulting image looks normal.

Any advice to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
4 Replies

what does Windows Settings - Display show? 

Have you by any chance enable "Extend" in the Display settings?

What Resolution does Windows Settings - Display show?

0 Likes

My resolution is 2560 x 1440 and no i don't think i have extend enabled since my computer is only connected to one monitor

0 Likes

well thanks for partially answering my question.

Take care.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I once had a similar problem after setting the resolution from 1680: 1050 (recommended) to 1950: 1080, which is possible with my HP w2207h 60Hz screen. That wasn't so good and after going back to 1680: 1050 the picture was totally cranky with black borders. It stayed that way despite resetting the graphics driver and reinstalling the Radeon graphics driver. The reason was that the Windows display driver then did not reset exactly to 60 hearts, but to 59, .. HZ. After manual correction, my picture was back to normal.

0 Likes