cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

higgsie
Adept I

Issue with AMD Radeon Software 21.4.1 and Taskbar Icon

Bit of an odd annoying issue with the taskbar icon.

When I reboot my PC no icon is displayed but after a period of time, the icon reappears in the taskbar even though it's disabled in the preferences option.

I've checked the preferences in the software each time and it is set as disabled. I am unsure why the icon will suddenly re-appear in the taskbar after a certain time.

This issue only happened why I updated to the latest release.

10 Replies
Starbuck1991
Journeyman III

This happens to me too. Sounds like a bug. Anyone else?

Glad its not just me, looks like we might have to wait for the next release

0 Likes
Berserker1402
Journeyman III

I think I have the same problem, the driver installs without problems except that the software does not open, the radeon icon appears in the notification area and when trying to open it, it even duplicates but does not open, I hope a solution is found, version 21.3.2 if it works correctly

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Definitely a bug. Right click on the taskbar icon and select "hide" it won't come back.

0 Likes

ooh thank you very much, but even the radeon software will still not be able to be opened right? I guess you just have to wait for this to be solved with an update or something

0 Likes

You can sill open the radeon software. Just right click anywhere on your desktop and open it.

0 Likes

I've tried clicking hide when the icon re-appears in the taskbar, but as soon as I reboot the icon re-appears. When I launch the AMD software the preference option shows it is disabled, so unsure what is triggering the icon to re-appear.

0 Likes

the same thing happens to me, but the radeon software panel doesn’t open either, so I had to go back to the previous driver

0 Likes
legendarion
Adept II

I got the same problem on Windows 7 SP1. It still shows up even when it is disabled.

0 Likes
BlackSabbath
Adept II

I got same bug i see two icons and got crash amd software i check error on WinCrashReport and event viewer and i got malwer alert from bitdefender when i want install driver

0 Likes