Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

George_Xu
Adept II

Issue to use StoreMI with B2 revision 5600X

Hi there,

Just got my 5600X. I was using 3700X before, with no issue to configure Storemi using a M.2 SATA SSD and a 3TB HDD. After I exchange 3700X to 5600X, StoreMI broke itself with message "StoreMI is not support system processor and motherboard combination" . My mobo is a X570, no way to unsupport storemi.

At this time, I recalled that there's a new B2 stepping out there. I confirmed my guessing when I checked CPUz info. 

微信图片_20220321084533.jpg

Is there anyone using B2 stepping Ryzen 5000 with no problem with StoreMI?

1 Solution
RyZEN1
Staff

Please try with the latest tool version 2.1.0.218, that should have the fix.

View solution in original post

30 Replies

This very recent thread about the same issue with StoreMI and 5000 series processors. You might want to add your name to the list: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/storemi-installation-failed/m-p/516023#M153716

Screenshot 2022-03-13 220146.png

Not familiar with StoreMI but it seems like it hasn't been updated to support certain 5000 series processors or Motherboard combos.

Yeah, agree with that. The latest software version was released back to November last year.

I was looking at AMD Download page for Processors and the 5600X isn't listed and that is where you are able to download the latest version of StoreMI.

The 5800 series and 5900 series Processors are listed but none for the 5600 series processors.

0 Likes

It's actually there, but a little tricky. You have to manually edit the entry. Here it is.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-5...

0 Likes

I stand corrected, you are correct but how were you able to find that page?

I went to AMD Download page and inputted AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and nothing showed up:Screenshot 2022-03-13 220146.png

I guess AMD hasn't updated their Download page yet.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post, we're looking into this. I will update this discussion when I have more information.

Same problem here on a 5800X B2 stepping.

I'm replying to this thread as reminder that the problem still exists, despite my own thread. I don't know why it's taking this long to fix and I encourage others to reply to this thread to make AMD aware that everyone that has the B2 stepping is waiting for a solution.

@Matt_AMD what is the ticket number. This tech support got my trying to rebuild my entire PC just trying to troubleshoot this.

x570/5900x

0 Likes

Has he come back to you yet?

0 Likes

Nope, nothing happened.

0 Likes

Having the same issue with B2 stepping on 5800x. 

0 Likes

I went through the stages of nuisance, frustration and now irritation. We don't hear anything from them. No solution, just silence. I can't understand why it's taking so long...Shouldn't be something as simple as updating the registry? Is it something more complex? Why are the drivers failing to install? Should all be compatible, at least on paper.

Why AMD why??

George_Xu
Adept II

Guys, they have released 5800X3D, even without a support page for it on official site. I don't think this tiny problem will be fixed untill Zen4 launch. If AMD want Raphal include storemi feature, they will update their software, unless they do not support this feature any more. That's it, it is what it is.

0 Likes

God **bleep** it. They can not even good maintain their website. Can you believe it is a 100 billion stock company?

0 Likes

I don't accept that. This was the feature that made me choose Ryzen 9 over the competition. Since it says that it supports storeMI 2.0 on their website, we shouldn't even be subject to this. A major blunder that eroded my trust in the brand.

0 Likes

The overall features made me buying this platform. The missing cache for my hard disk bothers me every day. Comon Matt, when are B2 steppings added to Storemi supported processors.

0 Likes
George_Xu
Adept II

I personally think AMD will never fix this problem, as well as the well known fTPM issue. I'm getting more and more believe in this post on reddit. They just keep slience to let people forget those bugs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/t8yswq/amd_issues_fix_and_workaround_for_ftpm_stuttering/

@Matt_AMD AMD would better have a statement on it, or you guys will be sued to cort.

I still want to believe they want to fix their issues, do the right thing.

But AMD is seriously lacking comparing to the competition in making sure that their software works with their hardware. They should invest in their software as much as in their hardware to avoid situations like this.

*I still have my hard drive empty waiting for them to fix this thing. Grrrrr...

Yep, agree with your opinion on lacking of investment in software aspect. It seems AMD do not have a solid and stable software team. I sometimes look at AMD's career page, only to find they always hiring for firmware/BIOS/MTS engineer.

Me too, have an empty 128GB Plextor M6S waiting for software update.

If it's only 128gb, you can install storeMi version 1.5 and it works. It's from 2.0 and beyond that it doesn't. But version 1.5 only supports up to 256gb. 

My cash drive is 1tb and it's irritating that I'm not using it all this time for lack of support.

0 Likes

The old StoreMI software is an OEM version of fuzedrive, and is no longer be supported. I've used it before. Although I have no problem with it, but it has its limitation and probably compatibility issue with new platform.

0 Likes

By the way, why is your post tagged as solved, when it isn't?

0 Likes
RyZEN1
Staff

Please try with the latest tool version 2.1.0.218, that should have the fix.

I tried the drivers and only got bsods. Had to uninstall them, they are useless.

Seems like I'll have to open a support ticket again.

0 Likes

BSOD is completely normal. You just need a reboot, as the previous version also behave like this. Oh come on, it is an AMD software, you have to get used to this.

0 Likes

It feels like:

"Oh so you want the drivers to support your new cpu do you?

Here you go, enjoy the bsods,  muahahahahhaha!"

Facepalm!

It's not even during the reboot, it's all the time, that I'm forced to uninstall, otherwise I cannot even use my pc.

0 Likes

For me, I didn't experience bsod this time. Installation complete normally and activate cache configuration after reboot.

0 Likes

Installed and at first it seemed to work. After restarting, all data on the cached disk was gone! Thanks AMD

0 Likes

Dear AMD!

I tried to install it with the latest version, but unfortunately to no avail because it displayed an error. Maybe when will there be a adriver update for my expensively bought processor? I look forward to your reply!

A 5600x owner.

0 Likes