Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jorre
Journeyman III

Is this normal? Every 11-12 seconds 6650xt gives spike in frametime

Hi,

I bought the 6650xt today and couldn't help but notice getting a spike in frametime every 11-12 seconds and it's really, really annoying me. It's in Apex Legends, Warzone 2 and Hunt Showdown (these are the games I tested). I already did a driver only clean install (using DDU) but it didn't help.

Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, B450m Bazooka v2.

Really dislike this microstutter every ten or so seconds, otherwise I would be superhappy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
4 Replies
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I was having a similar issue in Vermintide 2. In the game's settings, I switched from DX12 to DX11 and that fixed the problem for me.  Don't know if those games allow that, but it might be worth looking.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I had that problem too, with an older card, but I think this is a different problem. It seems every game I play has this issue: 10-12 seconds microstutter.

0 Likes

I tested bf1 and apex legends in dx12, to see if it would be different. The answer is, sadly, no.

0 Likes
jorre
Journeyman III

Sorry to bump my post, but I'm very frustrated. This was an expensive purchase for me. In Hunt and Apex, apparently, playing in borderless seems to solve the problem. Not so for Warzone or LoL. Can anybody please help me?

0 Likes