cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

barabajagal
Journeyman III

Is there a new bios for Sapphire RX 5700 Dual-Fan Pulse (non XT)

My current bios reads 113-3e4112u-o47.  Techpowerup is listing 113-3e4112u-s48 with a build date of 8/13/19 and a release date of 11/5/19.  How can I confirm?  How can I find out what the changes are between the two bioses?  If there is an updated bios for this specific card, how do I install it?  I'm not finding anything on Sapphiretech's site nor on AMD's site.  Thank you.  D

0 Likes
1 Solution

VBIOSs are released by the manufacturer and are tailored to that specific make and model. Often there are no official new BIOS files released publicly, as there is very little contained in it, unless there is a widespread issue, such as fans not working or improper settings loaded, or, in the case of the 5600 XT, an AMD sanctioned performance update issued after product was shipped to stores. You should not touch it unless you are having a problem, as you can brick your card very easily.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

VBIOSs are released by the manufacturer and are tailored to that specific make and model. Often there are no official new BIOS files released publicly, as there is very little contained in it, unless there is a widespread issue, such as fans not working or improper settings loaded, or, in the case of the 5600 XT, an AMD sanctioned performance update issued after product was shipped to stores. You should not touch it unless you are having a problem, as you can brick your card very easily.

Some kind of sanctioned performance was what I was hoping for if there was a vbios update from AMD for the RX 5700.  I'll try again to reach someone at Sapphire.  Thanks D

Edit:  I found the information I was seeking on techpowerup.  You were right.  There was virtually no difference between the two bios versions I had listed above.  It wouldn't be worth the trouble or risk updating.  Again Thanks.

0 Likes