cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RPX100
Challenger

Re: Is the 5700XT stable now? (Nov 2020)

Jump to solution

Well, I tested the ASRock RX 5700 XT myself over the past 2 days.

You can read my personal review for this card here: ASRock RX 5700 XT Challenger Pro (triple-fan) 

To answer my initial question of this topic: seems like the cards still crash in late 2020.

Now I have to return it and have to look for another card to use. Difficult times, no stock available anywhere. :headache:

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 21.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.0 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | SSD: 2x 2TB NVMe ]
0 Likes
taskforce131
Elite

Jump to solution

try this, I had 0 black screen or crash after doing this things on this video . it been 2 week i can play with no problem 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd0065duKE

taskforce131
Elite

Jump to solution

after doing this it fix the issues the main problem is not the card it is the drivers if you put it on game mode it will F everything up i have this card since march 22 2019 and i just finally fix the dame problem 2 weeks ago then i make that videos for others . 

some how the gaming mode and AMD freesync miss the card up idk what it is but that is the main problem and if you put it on gaming mode you cant take it off until you delete driver with the tool and install it again and do factory reset to change the gaming mode  to any other mode. 

0 Likes
RPX100
Challenger

Jump to solution

@taskforce131 wrote:

try this, I had 0 black screen or crash after doing this things on this video . it been 2 week i can play with no problem 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd0065duKE

Thank you. I reinstalled the driver and did not touch the "gaming" profile.

So far no more blackscreens and no more crashes. Still have to test a few things to make sure it is stable.

I still have some time to test this card (and if it is indeed a driver issue or not) before I need to return it (if I need to).

@taskforce131 can you say anything about the Radeon Anti Lag and Radeon Imarge Sharpening features?

Are they causing crashes, too? (I see they are also disabled in the "standard" profile!)

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 21.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.0 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | SSD: 2x 2TB NVMe ]
0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Radeon "Anti-Lag" testing showed it to be barely perceptible and useless unless the GPU is struggling to maintain about 60 FPS.
I have no idea why AMD is even promoting that feature at all. 
Just turn it off.  
I think it is Marketing BS.
I think it is the same as Chill on with Chill Min = Chill Max = 300.

If you want to game with lower latency and faster FPS just turn down the Graphics settings in the game. 

taskforce131
Elite

Jump to solution

do not play with any option if you chose game mode you will not be able to turn off the options the software will show it is off but actually it will stay on until you complete delete the drivers and do factory reset. changing between modes is not working for this software so anytime you want to change you need to go through the same steps . 

and answer to your question is all the things in gaming mode course issues for gaming for some reason so that why we put it on standard 

0 Likes
RPX100
Challenger

Jump to solution

tested the card with different workloads today and it did not crash anymore,

after re-installing the driver and chosing the "standard" profile.

I have tried multidisplay setups and multitasking between different windows,

browser tabs, discord, fullscreen and window mode, watching videos while gaming,

alt-tabing out of fullscreen games and other stuff that I use on a daily basis.

custom fan curve and undervolting is working without issues, too.

If this setup keeps being stable, I might keep the card for daily use,

instead of returning it and waiting for other cards to be in stock for a good price. ^^

Thank you @taskforce131 ! You really turned this mess into a working and stable to use GPU.

I will test some more and then I will update my review in the other topic aswell.

0 Likes
jjmonte20
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of the issues people have with this card have been with overclocking or gpu boost.  Most of the time it's not an issue, but 5700xt is more sensitive for some reason

0 Likes