cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rolle
Journeyman III

Is it possible to make AMD Radeon HD 7670 Windows 10 compatible?

Is it possible to make AMD Radeon HD 7670 Windows 10 compatible? AMD Catalyst Control Center does not find any upgrades even when i check for beta. Now my computer give me blue screen daily and uses the Intel GPU "for compatibilty" reasons.

0 Likes
1 Solution
6 Replies

Hi,

it was my first post and I thought my bio, where I described my Computer, would be shown in a footer.

Thanks for the link.

My Laptop:

Sony Vaio SVE14A3V2ES.EC1 Touch
Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
12GB RAM (delivered with 4GB)/750GB/DVD+RW
Intel HD Graphics 4000
AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series (7670 1GB RAM)

Driver version: Upgraded today to15.200.1062.1004 from 15.201.1151.1008

64 BIT Windows 10 Home (Delivered with Win 8.0)

(I still like that Computer even if it sometimes gives me bad days from all BSOD or freezing)

Right now I cannot choose the Radeon Card as preferred choice due to compatibilty reasons.

I have checked the Driver and Support link and upgraded the Driver.

Now the Device Manager show it as ”Migrated” which is a step in wanted direction, but in AMD Catalyst Control Center I still cannot change a lot of programs to chose ”High prestanda” or ”Based on Power Source”. i.e all browsers. They still are locked to ”Energy saving” due to ”Compatibility reasons”.

0 Likes
marc72
Journeyman III

I have this exact same problem on TWO XEON Hex Core systems, one with Win 7 Pro 64 and one with Win 10 Pro 64, each running 32 GB RAM and the AMD Radeon HD7670 graphics card with 4 GB RAM. No driver update works. Both systems just go black, and sometimes hard crash. I have used AMD Radeon cards for a VERY long time and never had a problem until my XEON systems, neither of which is a laptop. In fact, both are identical HP Z420 workstations.

0 Likes

Have you used the drivers Microsoft offers through windows update?

0 Likes

Yes! I am a former Netware engineer, and before that I was an IBM Systems 3x engineer. I have performed ALL available updates, and have all of my systems set for automatic updates.

0 Likes