cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dacowick
Journeyman III

Is it possible that I'm using an old driver because HP compatibility? (HP Pavilion R7 535DX)

I bought the HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cd006la and originally reported that it brings the Radeon R7 535DX graphic card with 4Gb of memory. Now I'm using a driver from the HP support site, version 17.7 "Crimson ReLive" and worst, modified because it doesn't looks like examples on site. Constantly I receive eMails inviting me to download the new "Adrenaline" software, but it's impossible because doesn't work. The only one is this 17.7.

I've tried already five different softwares.

Which one should be the right one for this device?

I'm trying to upgrade because I can't use those 4Gb, only the 512Mb by default.

Btw. Are those 4Gb real dedicated or shared from RAM?

I can't enjoy games, even on low resolution.

Greetings.

0 Likes
6 Replies
shadow07
Adept III

Dedicated, make sure you do clean uninstall and reinstall with DDU...

How is that?

I already did a clean uninstall and install the software from ADM site, but

doesn't worked.

Diego A. Castro O.

Enviado desde mi Android

0 Likes

You can not use drivers from AMD.

HP Pavilion - 15-cd006la - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Description:

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

Yeah, that one was what I installed. That is the only one what "works".

Thanks.

0 Likes

You have a AMD Quad-Core A12-9720P APU with Radeon 530 graphics.

AMD does not furnish drivers for it.  These are designed by the OEM to work on your specific laptop. They are available from the laptop manufacturer. Laptops do not have all the features a desktop graphics card has...no ReLive/Wattman, etc.

I was supposing this... So, I guess I have to stay in thsi way.

Thanks.

0 Likes