cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

morelock
Adept II

Re: Is it a driver/bios issue, or is it the RAM?

under the tuning tab (same as gpu tuning screen) there should also be a slider for "fan tuning" and underneath that one for "power tuning" - that is what you'd need to go into to adjust the power limit.

*Warzone has it's own issues fwiw (google warzone memory leak)

0 Likes
airniux
Adept I

I will check it out in a bit (playing warzone now xD).

But Warzone isn't the only affected game, I don't think. WoW, SC2, etc. But I know you said they may be older engines, so I am unsure what to think.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

0 Likes
airniux
Adept I

I found the setting, but the absolute minimum setting is (negative)20. I don't see any way of overriding this, unless perhaps in the BIOS? So, I set it to (negative)20 and see no differences when running Kombuster, really. If anything, the average framerates for each of the aforementioned Tessellation settings (16x, 8x, 4x) may have dropped 5-10 on some of them, with the others staying about the same as before.

I also pulled Warzone back up to see framerates again, this time with and WITHOUT v-sync. Both scenarios were virtually the same (in terms of framerate, specifically). I will probably test a couple other games the same way to see if there are any changes. I will also attempt to restart my system tonight to see if I still encounter the "warm-up lag" (for lack of a better term).

So, my RAM is currently XMP'd in the BIOS to run at 3600mHz (stock marketed speed), at 1.35V (I think), as this was what was recommended by the RAM manufacturer. I also ensured all the most basic 5 timings were set to the marketed timings for the RAM. Those are all set to AUTO in XMP and I didn't want to mess with those quite yet as I am not sure how to go about it.

I should probably disable XMP (again) and see if that does anything for the stability.

I also began playing with configs on the Ryzen 3900x. I bumped all 12 cores up to 3900mHz, and I lifted up the Peak Core Voltage to 1.3. This was just a starting point, as I am reading some config guides which were posted by a knowledgeable guy on AMD forums. I understand the tuning is going to probably take a while to get right, as there are probably no "one size fits all" configs. Just telling you this in case anything sticks out.

0 Likes