Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

matses_51
Adept II

iRacing support and simulator support in generally

Hi,

Been struggling with iRacing and I know this is in general a poorly optimized game, but I was wonder if anybody here knows if AMD ever will look into the driver optimization? It seems to be running a lot better on Nvidia cards and with new cards being released I am considering changing to team green. DCS is another example where my 5700XT is performing below expected and being into sims I am a bit fed up with what seems to be no or bad driver development for these titles?
I know DCS is getting Vulkan which i believe will help, but on iRacing I believe I am getting doubled "punished" by also have a 5900X CPU. Since iRacing seems to be badly optimized for multicore.

I am running 3440x1440 100 Hz monitor in iRacing, DCS a Quest 2.

So to summarize
Anybody know anything about AMD looking into simulators?

Anybody here using a AMD card for iRacing who can share some tips?
I have tried most graphic settings and struggle when several cars are around me. Mirrors and shaders seems to hit my performance the most. I tried increasing the minimum clock to 90%, that didn't improve anything

0 Likes
2 Replies
matses_51
Adept II

With post's like this I am a bit concerned about buying a 7000 series GPU from AMD
iRacing forum - Driver discussion
IRacing forum - 6000 series having issues

0 Likes
edgroz
Journeyman III

I just bought a RX 6600 XT and am having driver issues too. Right now I can't get it to launch, it just crashes. Using Quest 2 also.  Did you get any where with your issues?

0 Likes