cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thwomp
Adept III

Interlaced resolutions now broken in Windows 10 creator's update (1703)

Jump to solution

So this is a problem for 1080i and any other interlaced resolution you might create in Crimson or CRU.

Basically, instead of displaying the full frame, Windows will cut the bottom half off the frame, the stretch the entire top half to fill your monitor. I haven't tested this on a flat-panel monitor but this is what it's doing on my CRT.

Major issue, because interlaced resolutions are great when you want to run double vsync at a refresh rate/resolution where you'd normally be bandwidth-limited. Say 2560x1600 at a flicker free 100hz in progressive would be a 455mHz pixel clock (too high for VGA and DVI connections), but in interlaced it's only 228mHz. With double vsync this makes a very smooth 50fps experience. Just as one example.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thwomp
Adept III

Re: Interlaced resolutions now broken in Windows 10 creator's update (1703)

Jump to solution

UPDATE: This seems to be specific to recent AMD drivers in combination with the 1703 update. I've tried a legacy AMD card (HD5000 series) on an updated windows PC and it had no issue with interlaced resolutions

UPDATE 2: Yeah, I installed 17.3.1 and the problem went away. So this is bug is very new, related to the interaction between Win10 1703 and the drivers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
thwomp
Adept III

Jump to solution

UPDATE: This seems to be specific to recent AMD drivers in combination with the 1703 update. I've tried a legacy AMD card (HD5000 series) on an updated windows PC and it had no issue with interlaced resolutions

UPDATE 2: Yeah, I installed 17.3.1 and the problem went away. So this is bug is very new, related to the interaction between Win10 1703 and the drivers.

View solution in original post

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Moderator reply: We are glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Kudos