cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

subarusteve
Journeyman III

Integrated ATI Radeon X1250-based graphics driver is to present in Catalyst Software Suite or WDW.

Installing driver into Windows 10 64bit

Normal installer didn't install the driver.

I attempted using "Legacy install" but no driver was found.

I did a manual search and only "ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series " is present.

0 Likes
5 Replies

The X1250 is part of the X1200 SERIES. these are the correct drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/legacy-graphics/ati-radeon-x-series/ati-radeon-x1xxx-series 

subarusteve
Journeyman III

tried them.

same result.

I've tried making "Legacy Install" show me all devices, but still, nothing from the INF shows up.

0 Likes

Since your graphics are not supported on Win10 (Vista was the last) you will have to live with what Microsoft supplies through Windows Update. Basic functions only.

subarusteve
Journeyman III

I send a support request to ASUS (the manufacturer of my MB), and they sent me this replay:

There is No driver from ASUS, the video card is an onboard AMD Radeon X1250, and the driver is provided by Microsoft via Windows Update supplied by AMD.

We do not support the installing of the driver, but Microsoft has the latest version (from 2017) online via Windows Update:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4057291

You may want the first result, Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4057291), will need to run the infremove_* files first (five total), this will ensure any broken driver removed, then run windows10.0-kb4057291-x64_6c6ea6fe2d86e9c0fe3d7f7183176bf2467e7826.msu to install. Restart the machine if required.

If it is still not working, please will contact Microsoft, as the Leagacy Driver is supplied by Microsoft.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you,

When I run these infremove_* files: get this:

Usage: infremove.exe <INF name> <INF hash> [<Optional Device ID>]
Example: infremove.exe wpdmtp.inf 241cde3f19409216 USB\MS_COMP_MTP

Does this have any hope of working?!

0 Likes
cosmicuk
Journeyman III

Here is what you need to do for x1250 IGP

Download catalyst for win 10 64bit as of Dec 2023 it was 15.7.1

Install the thing, custom, select all options and reboot when done

On reboot, go to Device manager, select Display, select update driver, select 'location', select "C" assuming you installed the catalyst on drive C

Now wait awhile as it searches, it will eventually find HDMI audio blah blah - install what it requests

Reboot, you'll have 1080P display and HDMI audio

Job done

Why this process is not detected in Auto Detect Driver, is a mystery, it's clearly in the driver package 

0 Likes