cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PlushSalmon
Journeyman III

Instead of the Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470 series driver, the universal HD 5000 series is installed

Lenovo G565 laptop. Eng: Can you please tell me why if I have an Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470 video card, then the driver should be installed as a universal 5000 series? I downloaded the drivers from the official Lenovo site and archive, from the AMD official site and from different driver packs. Visited both W7 and W10. Or is this normal, and now universal drivers are being installed for the entire series? If so, how do I know what kind of video card I have if it doesn't write the exact name anywhere. Sorry for the bad english.

Ноутбук Lenovo G565. Rus: Подскажите пожалуйста, почему если у меня видеокарта Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470 то драйвер ставиться универсальный 5000 series? Я качал драйвера в официального сайта и архива Lenovo, с официального сайта AMD и с разных драйверпаков. Побывал и на W7 и на W10. Или это нормально, и теперь ставятся универсальные драйвера на всю серию? Если так, то как вообще узнать что у меня за видеокарта если точное название оно нигде не пишет. Извините за плохой английский.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Screenshot_2i9.png

Run GPU Z select "lookup" it should tell what graphics you have. AMD offers generic drivers with generic names. No matter, your card is considered Legacy and the last drivers are here > https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-radeon-hd-5000-series/ati-radeon-hd-5450