Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gizzy_
Journeyman III

Instant Replay not working - overlay problem - stutter/lag - RX 5700

Hi,

I have a problem since several driver versions. 

I am not able to turn on instant replay without having problem ingame. Although replay is activated, no recording is done.

While instant replay is turn on...

1. ... I experience stutter/lags every few seconds in every game.
  2. ... I am not able to access radeon overlay with ALT+R or ALT+Z

I turned instant replay off in radeon desktop application. After that I start a game. No stutter or lags. Overlay is working fine with ALT+R or ALT+Z. But if I hit "Record a Video" it is not working. And if I hit "instant replay on" overlay hungs up and is not working on desktop either. 

In my recording directory I have a few 0kb or 1kb files.

Already completely removed driver and installed older version.

GPU: RX 5700 XT

Radeon Software 20.10.1

I have read a few similar problems here in the community but all of there where with no solution.

I already asked sapphire for a bios update but they responded: "a BIOS update will unfortunately not provide a remedy. The cards are bug free in this respect. It will either be your PC or the drivers from AMD. Sometimes there may also be a defect of the card."

Any idea?

Cheers

Edit:

I switched off instant replay and started a game. Ingame I use ALT+R to open overlay and enabled instant replay. Overlay instantly disappeared and if I TAB to desktop and open Radeon Software it shows up only as a transparent frame.

AMD transparent frame.png

0 Likes
7 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Try to disable freesync and enchanced sync.

0 Likes

AMD FreeSync and Radeon Enhanced Sync was disabled.

0 Likes
imcaam
Journeyman III

Maybe try selecting a different folder where you save the replays, i had problems when I used my old hard drive, or you could try changing the replay buffer to system memory.

0 Likes

Already tried different folders (SSD and .M2 drives).

Switching to system memory doesnt affect the problem

0 Likes
sciony
Adept I

Had the same behaviour since 20.4.1 (tested every version upto 20.11.1!!!) on my RX590... The only thing that helped is: I use older driver (in my case 20.3.1) - all newer driver has the ReLive-Problem. 

Stuttering and co is gone when ReLive (Instant Replay) is deactivated... But I want to use ReLive IR but its not possible.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | Asus Prime X670-P | Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+ | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB DDR5-6000 CL30
0 Likes

I had a little hope after I read on 20.11.2 release notes the following fix:

Fixed Issues:
  • Enabling Record Desktop and Instant Replay may cause hitching or stutter during fullscreen video playback on some system configurations.

Sadly it doesnt work on my PC. 

I was installing Windows (Windows 10 x64 20H2) from scratch and 20.11.2 was the FIRST driver I installed - but same issue as behaviour. After enabling Instant Replay Valorant was stuttering and all Radeon Software Overlays (Performance Overlay, Alt+R/Alt+Z) do not work. All the time u can see the blue loading animation from Windows near the cursor and the FPS a dropping in Menu from 144 to 60fps and ingame from 340 to 100fps every 3-4 second.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | Asus Prime X670-P | Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+ | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB DDR5-6000 CL30
0 Likes

This is my first AMD card (rx 6800). I have the exact issue you are talking about OP. So this is what people are talking about when they say AMD has software issues... I thought, come on that has to be a thing of the past, look at the hardware, the software is probably fine. What a mistake going AMD.

0 Likes