cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

peterjonesracing
Journeyman III

Instant error message when updating

When trying to update the AMD software, I get an instant error message saying insufficient storage. I have over 2GB left on my C drive. I try a completely fresh install on a drive with over 1TB free and I get the exact same message as well. Is there any fix for this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi. Sorry about that. I'm not quite sure why but its suddenly decided to work for me. Thanks anyway

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Please supply full system spec. for someone to offer suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Hi. Sorry about that. I'm not quite sure why but its suddenly decided to work for me. Thanks anyway

0 Likes

Use Disk Clean to clean out all previous Restore Points on your Windows Drive. That can take up several GBs of Data without showing up.

Also use Disk Clean to delete many System files that you don't need to have.

Also empty all your TEMP folders and junk files - Use CCleaner free version.

Check to see if you have any 3rd party program that has a huge amount of backup data on it to delete.

lastly delete AMD Installation folder C:\AMD which if you have installed several AMD Driver versions without deleting that folder it could be several GB large instead of around 1 GB large.

One User in the past here at AMD Forum was asking if he could delete C:\AMD folder since it was taking up 32 GB worth of space on his Windows drive. The User never deleted the folder in the past while updating the AMD drivers thus it accumulated a huge amount of unnecessary data.

0 Likes