cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bik95122
Adept I

Installing Vulkan Standalone (without latest drivers)?

I want Vulkan for 2 reasons, first to play Vulkan supported Games, and to Learn Vulkan API for Game Development.

I am 100% sure people here may come advise me to install Latest Drivers, which i really want to but simply can't, reason here as AMD driver install on any windows version, "system" process start hopping 10% to 20% constantly, ... , its not about my hardware support problem, AMD claim support on Download Driver Page, so its a bug since 2016 version drivers and AMD Don't seems to be fixing it and i am not going to buy any new Hardware soon as well (not Specially AMD after all this mess)

moving on, please let me know how can i Just install latest Vulkan package with sideby AMD driver version 15, may be any workaround way like "extract" Vulkan package from Latest driver installer (of my supported hardware) and place files manually, i know sounds stupid, but i need it any way, Please Atleast do this Favor AMD... thakyou

0 Likes
3 Replies

Downloaded the APU A6 Driver. I believe you can install the Vulkan manually.

I Unzipped (Using 7-Zip)  the AMD Full package and went to "Packages" then to "APPS" and then to "VULKANRT64". In that folder there is a stand alone MSI Vulkan installation package. Now don't know if it will install by itself or it needs the AMD Package installation program running. No harm on clicking the VulkanRT.msi file and see if it installs by itself or not.

Thanks for the reply , i tried that before, catalyst installer opens and result me with "success", however no particular info about vulkan package in logs, also i tried that executable in "VulkanRT" folder, but no luck for me, possibly Vulkan depended on that particular Display driver too.

however, the thing i realized now is, Vulkan Never get uninstall after installing latest drivers, i did used regular amd uninstaller then after restart DDU tool on safe mode, then back again on to driver v15 (Vulkan package doesn't exists in this version), then i tried a vulken support game (expecting error about Not Support), but it detects Vulkan then crashed.

so in perticularly i used this tool GitHub - skeeto/vulkan-test: Test if your system supports Vulkan

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes

Seems like that message is saying the current Vulkan is not compatible with the Graphics driver you have installed.

EDIT: I am a little surprised that DDU doesn't uninstall Vulkan when it uninstalls the AMD Graphic Drivers and it related software.

0 Likes