cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Installing New Raid driver 9.3.0.00167 breaks S.M.A.R.T. polling.

All smart data is not readable after installation of new driver. If I roll back to previous driver 9.3.0.38 everything works again after reboot, shutdown and restart.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Installing New Raid driver 9.3.0.00167 breaks S.M.A.R.T. polling.

are you running latest "RAID EXPERT" software app with "administrator rights"? perhaps you'd not given it admin permissions..

also if its just reading the smart info off the drives i believe a number of different apps can possibly perform that. try the drive software from your drive vendor maybe ATADA SSD tools might do it? or was it samsung magician? 

*edit sorry got the name of AMD raid software app confused

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The apps stop showing s.m.a.r.t. data after new driver install. I never had a problem before. Like the post says if i roll back drivers everything works perfect. There must be a bug in latest software.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I got the exact same issue, but reverting back to the older driver didn't fix it.

X470 chipset, 2 x 8TB RAID0 array.

Any help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Bad news, the problem is still present in latest 9.3.0.206 version.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Almost all other drive and SSD and NVME storage tools and software i'd seen had mentioned about SMART monitoring logs and data being some sort of vulnerability where criminals could somehow predict or determine drive data or "used bits" or some sort of recovery index from the information so its advanced smart reporting features had since been disabled and only some tools may offer very limited functionality if it works at all now. Theres some chance you may not find verbose SMART data logs and reports and monitoring. Some tools previously let you download and view all SMART data. to me its all just hex and ones and zeroes everywhere so i've always ignored such features but to smelly criminals its gold. So no matter how hard you cry i dont think what you want like how it used to be will ever be the same way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

This simply does not make sense: I can read all the SMART data of the NVME that is not connected through the AMD RAID controller. It is just the driver that is buggy, as it has been stated multiple times.

Reading SMART data is essential to monitor the drive life status, its temperature and a lot of other useful data. It is possible only with administrative privileges and that fact that you don't understand it does not mean that it is not a valuable tool.

I am IT professional, I know what I am talking about and I am not crying, I am just complaining about a buggy driver.