cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Muppet
Adept I

Re: Installing New Raid driver 9.3.0.00167 breaks S.M.A.R.T. polling.

Any chance this can be fixed as its still broken in the latest driver ? cant even disable and re enable it will still be disabled, i sometimes just wanna see remaining life left or current drive temps, i have no way of doing that right now and its annoying

0 Likes
Muppet
Adept I

DoRe: Installing New Raid driver 9.3.0.00167 breaks S.M.A.R.T. polling.

does AMD even read these forums ? is there a place where can directly report issues ?

0 Likes
Muppet
Adept I

Re: DoRe: Installing New Raid driver 9.3.0.00167 breaks S.M.A.R.T. polling.

Hello ?

0 Likes
jones612
Journeyman III

What do you prefer to disable?

As I wrote, Hard Disk Sentinel 5.70 can detect and read the temperatures and health/lifetime information (all S.M.A.R.T. data) about SATA hard disks / SSDs with no problems.

I'm using driver 9.3.0.206 and works like a charm for SATA drives in RAID and standalone config ....

0 Likes
Muppet
Adept I

hardware sentinel is annoying app that changes things without permision i wont install that, and i do not trust it, i usually use crystaldiskinfo or hwinfo64 im currently back on older raid drivers for now.

0 Likes
jones612
Journeyman III

It does not change anything, except the disk icons to reflect the disk health in Explorer but it can be easily disabled on Configuration -> Disk Control page. It does not change/modify any settings - especially if you use the portable version.

As HDS has far better support of RAIDs / disks / controllers than anything else (you can see this as example) I see no reason of using other tools, but maybe one day they can be as powerful too - if Sentinal shows that it's possible

You wrote that you want to see the stats - at least there is something which can do it.

0 Likes
Muppet
Adept I

Good to know it allows that but AMD should still fix there drivers and not push me towards something that cost money potentially to solve their issue.

0 Likes
jones612
Journeyman III

I'm sure HDS is independent from AMD....

You can download the portable version, launch when required to check the health/temperature/lifetime status and then close it (this is what I do too).

No need to order/pay anything: even in free/trial mode it displays all SMART details.

0 Likes
jones612
Journeyman III

Anyway, I completely agree that there should be even newer, better drivers from AMD which can allow us to check/monitor NVMe SSDs too

0 Likes
Muppet
Adept I

So does AMD even read these forums or this never gonna get fixed ?

0 Likes