Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dpearson2699
Journeyman III

Installing Drivers With Auto-Detect and Install Causes Black Screen

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Legion 7 Pro with an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz and a Nvidia RTX 3080. Whenever I use the auto detect to download the latest drivers and the Radeon Software, on the final restart to install the drivers my laptop screen goes black and I have to connect an external monitor in order to get a picture. The only way I've been able to rectify this is to use DDU to uninstall the drivers, and have windows update install the drivers again. The reason I refuse to use the drivers that Lenovo provides is that somehow they are broken and cause the VRAM clock speeds on my RTX 3080 to be pinned at 7Ghz even though I'm at idle and the utilization is like 2%. They also cause Vulkan to not be able to detect my 3080. So I'm wondering if there is any solution to be able to install the Radeon Software and current drivers, instead of relying on the ones from windows update. I've already done a clean install of windows to attempt to fix this problem to no avail.

Here is the info on my system:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043

System SKU: LENOVO_MT_82N6_BU_idea_FM_Legion 7 16ACHg6

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date: LENOVO GKCN44WW, 8/30/2021

AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics Driver Version: 10.0.19041.546

AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.14028.12001

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU Driver Version: 30.0.14.7196

Edit:

I was able to install the most recent AMD Radeon Integrated Graphics Driver with the Auto-Detect Software and seemingly everything works. This time I installed the most recent available version and instead of doing a clean-install which the program recommended, I just did an upgrade which seemed to work. The VRAM does seem to be turboing pretty high (6GHz) every so often when nothing intensive is running but I guess I'll have to concede that issue. It seems to be jumping from 0.41GHz to 6GHz.

0 Likes
0 Replies