cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tonxmusic
Journeyman III

Installing any version of Adrenalin (2019 and 2020) crashes my computer mid-install and forces a system restore.

A Video of the issue

When I try to install any version of Adrenalin (2019, 2020), my computer will flash to black, fans go to 100% for about 1-2 seconds, and then my system crashes. On boot, I freeze on the spinning dots animation, forcing me to then restore windows, all usually happening around 65%-75% installation progress.

System specs:

• Sapphire Radeon 5700 (grey face plate variant)
  • Fresh Win 10 Pro Install, fully up to date as of time of writing
  • 600W Corsair PSU
  • 2 x 8gb Gskill TridentZ RGB 3600 (CURRENTLY RUNNING AT 2666)
  • Ryzen 7 1700
  • Gigabyte Fatality Ab350 ITX 
  • Salvo Studios PCI riser cable

Here's everything I've tried:

1. Rambo raw install with nothing changed
  2. Reducing RAM clocks from 3600 to 3200 & 2666
  3. Updated windows
  4. Registry fix/ Latest .Net/ Viz studio 
  5. Install with and without installing AMD4 chipset for my mobo
  6. Installing with only 1 RAM on each slot
  7. Safe Mode DDU -> Manual install on non-safemode via device manager (cuts to black, 100% fans, then crash, forcing me to system restore) 
  8. Safe Mode DDU -> Adrenalin latest 2020 Install & Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1, same result as #5
  9. AMD driver cleaner
  10. Factory reset install 
  11. Changing PCIe to gen 3 in my BIOS
  12. Updated BIOS

Would love some ideas or suggestions but I'm afraid I'm getting close to the end of my rope. I just don't know what else to try at this point.

5/21 Edit: A user on /r/AMDhelp suggested my build might be unstable. I've tried running stress tests on my memory (memtest86), CPU (Prime95), and GPU (OCCT) for 1hr+ without any issues, temps never going above 80C. 

0 Likes
4 Replies

To eliminate your computer hardware are you able to remove the RX5700 and replace it with another AMD GPU card temporarily and see if the AMD Drivers installs without issue. If it does that indicates the problem is with your RX5700 GPU card either not being compatible with something installed on your computer or it is mis-configured or is defective.

0 Likes

I don't have access to another GPU but at this rate I'm probably going to just switch to Nvidia. I've already spent an absurd amount of time working on what should be a plug and play experience.

0 Likes

Okay so I've tried installing a 1660 super today and I wasn't even able to get a video output via HDMI. Might this be a PCIe slot issue?

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

Is your graphics card connected to that riser cable?

If so do you have room to install the graphics card without it?

0 Likes