cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

linuxgnome
Journeyman III

Installing any drivers above 18.3.3 results in blurry resolution

I Have been having an issue with any drivers above 18.3.3.  I have been having issues with Apex Legends so i thought I would update my drivers to 19.1.1 and the result is pixelated  Text and Graphics.  I have even gone as far as using powershell to run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth  Then SFC /SCANNOW Then the AMD Cleanup Utility Then installing my chipset drivers 990FX restarting and Installing 19.1.1 and the result is super pixelated display(will add screenshots) when no driver is installed or the 18.3.3 is installed my display is crystal clear.

SYSTEM SPECS

CPU:FX6300

RAM: 8GB AMD RADEON DDR3 1866MHZ

GPU: R9 290X

STORAGE:3 SSD DRIVES

AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE ATTACHED SCREENSHOTS THE TEXT AND ANY GRAPHICS AR PIXELATED AND BLURRY(note ive looked at the screenshots after installing 18.3.3 and they all look fine no pixelation or blurriness, but it is.)

0 Likes
1 Reply
linuxgnome
Journeyman III

UPDATE:

Yesterday I spent half the day and installed windows 10 pro fresh.  Same issue anything above 18.3.3 results in a blurry screen and text, so im either stuck running windows update AMD drivers which is at 17.4.4 or 18.3.3 Drivers from AMD.  Can anyone please help me with this.  I am having problems playing certain games and would think that updating to the latest drivers would be helpful. (Apex Legends is one of them)

0 Likes