cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

opreax
Journeyman III

Re: Really nice of you AMD! (A10-5750M and HD 8970M)

still not fixed, total fail...

I hope somebody will buy this crap company because its in bad hands.

0 Likes
tapesdanslefond
Journeyman III

We are still waiting for the update. I will check the law to complain about the amd service.

0 Likes
wesleyg1
Adept III

Update to what? Your hardware is 3 years old or older and (If it is the same group as the OP's ) Is Dead and obsolete its been put on Legacy!

smh...

They are not going to update the drivers and you can't just use the second card in your system by its self, cause these are dual Graphic Systems. Meaning the APU Graphics and the discrete have to be at the same driver. That is how your System Bios is set-up,(PC Set-up) that was a decision by your Laptop or all in one PC vendor MFR, Not AMD!

tapesdanslefond​, opreax

Wes

tapesdanslefond
Journeyman III

Still, it's possible to make updates, plus, pc companies have financial agreement with amd.

And windows loves us, impossible to keep 8.1, show must go 10, it break everything.

0 Likes
refertu
Journeyman III

Quite entertaining thx. Did you misread or something? actually I can't understand dahell are you doing here? Are you some hired talker from AMD?

Obvious that we all here ask here, to resolve our problem with "still in action" dedicated card. We don't ask for some genius to came, and speculate on what AMD ain't gonna do, and why he thinks it will be that way.

p.s  i dont believe that 2013 CPU can actually be an oldtimer

0 Likes
wesleyg1
Adept III

By this point on your hardware the Financial obligation has long since been met!, as for software most of these PC companies especially when dealing with AMD hardware base their software packages on when Hardware is installed in their Top Teir version of the Product then is held onto until the next major product release of that Hardware (in This case the next product release of new APU's by AMD). A Good example of this is HP and their 360 Laptop , its HP Flagship product and it does contain the newest Hardware from AMD, Intel, and Nvidia. When HP collects drivers they collect them to work for this product first, Then the Financial Obligation  is met. HP will then wait 7-8 months before buying anymore of the Hardware for Their Envy and Pavilion Lines, at a Clearance Cost meaning they are now buying Hardware at a discount with less support from AMD. Instead of Getting new drivers from AMD for this hardware they re-package the drivers they had gotten 7 months earlier! If you think they have any obligation to maintain support for this through Windows 10 you are foolishly mistaken! Your Hardware was designed to work on Windows 7-8.1, Windows 10 came out long after your hardware was released and the updated drivers for it are very much broken. Which are provided to Microsoft from your Hardware MFR not AMD!

This practice is very common place in the PC industry especially with Vendors that buy AMD Hardware, all the agreements you speak of have all been met.

Wes

0 Likes
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm jumping in to ask members to keep this discussion civil or I will have to lock this thread.

0 Likes
wesleyg1
Adept III

Ray I won't respond to any of the personal attacks but it may be a good idea to lock this thread anyways, cause weather they like it or not the helpful information has already been said by both the Mods, and Those in the community that wish to help!

chocobuns
Adept II

Have you tried setting your game power profile to power saving mode? I have an A10-5750m + HD8670m and Im using power saving profile on my games in switchable and high performance on my power profile .

0 Likes
jamesxx
Adept II

It's possible to use 16.3.2 driver at least this is exact way how others do it:

1. Delete all GPU drivers. You may use DDU for this.

2. Through Device Manager you should update drivers for integrated card (iGPU 8650G) from unpacked 15.7 OR Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta OR Crimson 15.11.1 Beta.

While following step 2 your 8970m will also get new drivers.

3. Through Device manager delete drivers from 7970m/8970m fully. Reboot. You will see Unknown Device in Device manager instead of 7970M/8970M.

4. Now launch some new driver for 8970M but not earlier than 16.3.2*.

But there is a big IF you really want to use late Crimson drivers for 8970m and read more to know why.

amdmatt​, the problem is a bit bigger than AMD may think, especially the second part so please, take a look.

First part is that GCN HD 8970m is supported by newest and latest AMD drivers if you have Intel CPU like me. BUT if you also have AMD APU in combo then your gaming 8970m GPU can't have any normal Crimson driver due to incompatibility with installed driver for APU. That looks wrong. Nobody asks AMD for newer drivers for old iGPU like some trolls fanboys floods about, just make some compatibility fixes for Enduro bridge.

The Second part is way worse: the problem is that while being able to use older Crimson drivers (16.2 / 16.3.2) those are so horrid for newer games that older 15.11 is the only choice.

MSI GX70 - DOOM - Which driver AMD is best - OpenGL vs Vulkan - Crimson 15.11.1 (beta) vs 16.2 - You...

Yes, 7970m/8970m can't use drivers past 15.11 while have support by 16.10! You practically teased owners with Crimson and left them with broken one while those 8970m GPUs can use fixed Crimson 16.7/16.10 drivers.

P.S. Now additional note about forum. I am pissed off by presence of "advocates" who has nothing to do to the situation but keep telling it's not a problem at all.

Support is between those who have problem and official tech engineers.

If AMD wants everybody to interact conversations then make classic forum where it is easier to follow multiple dialogs with quotes and posts. And also this forum lags bad when I download something, 1 second lag on every keystroke right now.