cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wkmiller
Adept I

installer detects wrong language

When I use the radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-19.2.1-minimalsetup-190204_web to install latest software for my Radeon RX 580.

The language appears to be German instead of English which my system is set for.

Using Windows 10 Pro 64 Insiders Preview Version 1903 ( OS Build 18836.1000)

Have a AMD FX -8320 Processor and 24 GB of Ram.

What do I need to do to get it to run in English?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Got pointed in the right direction to a solution on Experts Exchange,

Was told the language i was seeing was Čeština(Czech).
To check the default OS Language: Open a command prompt and try dism /online /get-intl
I googled Czech Regional Language Codes and got » CS.

In the Radeon 580 Installation folder, that the downloaded file extracts to to run the setup.exe ie C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.2.1-Feb4, there was a Bin64 Folder within that a localization folder and within that were several folders of regions.
So I deleted the folders and the installer came up in English and allowed me to install with English verbage.
But, When it ran the RadeonSettings.exe it was again in Czech.
So I did a search in the folder it was located in for "CS" : C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext , It found four folders that had files with CS I renamed each file. Then I also went into C:\Windows\System32 and renamed the cs-CZ folder.
Rebooted and the RadeonSettings.exe GUI is displaying in English.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

AMD drivers are not compatible with Windows Preview versions. Only with official Windows versions.

0 Likes
wkmiller
Adept I

This is an Official Version, per Microsoft:

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/how-to-pc/ 

The Release Preview Ring is only visible when your Windows build version is the same as the current Production Branch.

The Drivers work fine, but the issue is the language detected.

I can see in the install directory is a Language.dat file that lists all the supported languages.

So the question is still how do I get the installer to choose the right language?

I continue to work on the issue myself and am trying to figure it out, but thought I might get some help from the Amd Community since I would think AMD would want the drivers to be comnpatible with ALL versions of Windows 10.

######################################################
## This will contain all of the Supported Languages ##
## ##
## The format is as follows: ##
## [Name]=[Value] ##
######################################################

None=00
English(English)=01
العربية(Arabic)=02
Čeština(Czech)=03
Dansk(Danish)=04
Deutsch(German)=05
Ελληνικά(Greek)=06
Español(Español)=07
suomi(Finnish)=08
Français(French)=09
עברית(Hebrew)=10
Magyar(Hungarian)=11
Italiano(Italian)=12
日本語(Japanese)=13
한국어(Korean)=14
Nederlands(Dutch)=15
Norsk(Norwegian)=16
Polski(Polish)=17
Português (BR)(Português (BR))=18
Русский(Russian)=19
Svenska(Swedish)=20
ไทย(Thai)=21
Türkçe(Turkish)=22
中文(简体)(Chinese (Simplified))=23
中文(繁体)(Chinese (Traditional))=24
All=25

0 Likes

You misunderstood when I mentioned Official Windows version. "Windows Preview" is not the official Windows version that can be downloaded by the general public. Only Users in the Windows Preview program can download it.

AMD doesn't support Windows Preview versions until it comes out to the general public as an Official Windows new version.

That said, since you said it works fine, try downloading the Full AMD Driver from AMD Download page and then use DDU to uninstall the current AMD Driver.

Since you will download the full package, you might be able to change the language manually.

AMD Support, I don't believe, will be helpful since you are on a unsupported Preview Windows version.

0 Likes

Ok , Thanks for clarification.

Have posted on Microsoft Answers for Insider Preview aswell as Experts Exchange so soon as I get an answer I will post an update, if someone else doesn't provide one. {:

0 Likes

Got pointed in the right direction to a solution on Experts Exchange,

Was told the language i was seeing was Čeština(Czech).
To check the default OS Language: Open a command prompt and try dism /online /get-intl
I googled Czech Regional Language Codes and got » CS.

In the Radeon 580 Installation folder, that the downloaded file extracts to to run the setup.exe ie C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.2.1-Feb4, there was a Bin64 Folder within that a localization folder and within that were several folders of regions.
So I deleted the folders and the installer came up in English and allowed me to install with English verbage.
But, When it ran the RadeonSettings.exe it was again in Czech.
So I did a search in the folder it was located in for "CS" : C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext , It found four folders that had files with CS I renamed each file. Then I also went into C:\Windows\System32 and renamed the cs-CZ folder.
Rebooted and the RadeonSettings.exe GUI is displaying in English.

0 Likes

Good troubleshooting. might as well mark your last comment as "Correct"

Note: I was going to say to open an AMD Support ticket to let them know of a possible bug. But since you are on a future Windows version that is not support, not sure if it would be helpful or not.

0 Likes

Yes, Well I am on Windows insiders as I support Windows Users for a living and so like to be one step ahead of what I will need to know when the next public release is done. I do programming and have IDA the Dissasembler to examine  EXE files. 
I Did examine the Setup.exe, 
Found: 
.idata:0046B070 ; LANGID __stdcall GetUserDefaultUILanguage()
.idata:0046B070                 extrn GetUserDefaultUILanguage:dword
.idata:0046B070                                         ; CODE XREF: sub_41AEF0:loc_41B125↑p
.idata:0046B070                                         ; DATA XREF: sub_41AEF0:loc_41B125↑r

and then found this:
.data:00495598                 dd offset aLmErrorFileNot ; "LM_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"
.data:0049559C                 dd offset aLanguageManage_2 ; "Language Manager could not find languag"...

I stopped that research when I saw Experts Exchange answer and did the dism and got en-US which made me decide to look for the CZech UI and rename files in the setup folder that referred to it. To see if it would give me those errors and it went to english instead.

Didn't elaborate in my last post as didn't want to make the resolution to complcated for an average user that may have the issue. (:

0 Likes

งง

ในวันที่ ศ. 22 ก.พ. 2019 21:49 น. wkmiller <amd-external@jiveon.com>

เขียนว่า:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: installer detects wrong language in Drivers & Software

0 Likes
firuzzz777
Journeyman III

renamed to WHAT? en-US? cs-CZ?

Well.. I just renamed one folder the "cs" inside /cn.../cn../

0 Likes