cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vanon
Adept I

Re: Installation of AMD chipset driver 2.07.14.327 failed (Error 1603)

All AMD options were checked in latest DDU. Did not fix broken entry in Apps & Features. Or fix this install problem. (Seems like DDU is claiming partial removal of chipset drivers at best?) At this point, will not touch 2.07.14 with ten foot pole, torture for my PC and I. Will wait for next version.

0 Likes
stmarci
Adept I

This worked for me too, thanks!

0 Likes
kon33
Adept I

Crazy how we have all this great hardware from AMD yet the drivers are flawed . yes flawed . 

Roll back too 19.12.1 or 19.5.1 satble . 

use DDU latest . !

Used device manger uninstall . !

delete AMD folder with ever uninstall reboot system after . !

Gone back to intel  .

Thats right two weeks of mucking around with drivers to get a Ryzen new build up and running vega64. 

Sent all the AMD hardware back except Vega64 as it works on intel motherboard . 

0 Likes
vanon
Adept I

The magnitude of this problem is not nearly enough for me to give up and support companies like Intel (or Nvidia). Most driver versions work very well (about 4 of 5, in my many years with AMD), but of course some have problems. This is one of the more obvious ones. It's complicated. I can forgive the occasional screw-up. That said, it is critical that they have the competence to solve the problems that occur in a timely manner, and AMD has not let me down in that regard. I would be surprised if this was not solved by the next chipset driver (under a month).

0 Likes
jdmpower
Adept I

Wait next driver, don't touch anything.Same as problem on F21 X570 Aurous Ultra

0 Likes
uzverlogin
Journeyman III

You can try to install Power Plan, both GPIO, PSP and SMBus for now.

Bug is in "AMD PCI Device Driver" installation. But according to Release Notes https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-2-07-14-327 this driver is old one.

pastedImage_1.png

shenny79
Adept I

Actually, since I switched from Intel to AMD in March, the average waiting time for a new driver is about two months (for example, the previous version was released around June 5th). So we would be lucky to get new drivers before the end of September.

0 Likes
vanon
Adept I

Fair enough. I think for something like this, a quicker "hotfix" would be released. Either way, as long as previous release is working fine, I don't have a big problem. Next release needs to be solid though, or credibility is lost (and customers).

0 Likes
spbonzo
Journeyman III

After eventually getting the chipset drivers to install without error I suffered from games and other intensive applications failing regularly. Rather than remove the latest drives I restored my OS partition using a previous working backup. All is now OK.

You may find that getting the drivers to install is the start of your problems.

vanon
Adept I

Thanks for the report. That's what I was worried about with this chipset version. Once I am absolutely sure one thing is broken (installer, verified by others and my 5-6 attempts), how do I know other things are not also broken? (And those are much more difficult to find, test, may take while to be reported). I would not trust it, at least not until official explanation. Previous version is fine.

However, I always avoid "restore" as well. Absolute last resort for me, before OS reinstall. Recommend uninstall chipset (or all AMD drivers, plus cleanup) and install previous version.

0 Likes