Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

linearreg225
Journeyman III

Install of AMD Radeon™ RX 580 Driver stops at checking for new drivers

Hello,

I am trying to install the Radeon™ RX 580 Drivers on my Windows Server 2019 Standard which has an MSI Radeon Armor RX 580. However, the desktop edition "Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2" fails with  Error 182 and the Win10-Radeon-Pro-Software-Enterprise-20.Q2's options for install has the following issues:

1. Express install - Stalls at "Please wait while detecting hardware"

2. Custom Install - Stalls at "Checking for new drivers..." 

The "Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows" fails with Error 182. 

I know it works because the CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 1700X) did not come with a built-in graphics card so any display I did came from the RX 580 HDMI port. 

I can't figure out where the log is to checking where it stopped. I saw a previous thread on PSU and I have a 550W so I don't think that's the problem since the display works. 

Please let me know how to proceed. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can try and install the drivers from Device manager. Update graphics driver/have disk/ browse to C/AMD  20.4.2 packages/graphics driver and look for the 64bit .inf file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can try and install the drivers from Device manager. Update graphics driver/have disk/ browse to C/AMD  20.4.2 packages/graphics driver and look for the 64bit .inf file.

Thank you very much. That solved it! I went to the device in the device manager, chose the update driver and pointed it at the folder for display driver from the old installation folder C:\AMD and bam said the lady.

Glad you have it sorted out..game on!

0 Likes