cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Matt29
Journeyman III

Input not supported

I was having trouble opening my amd software so I decided to download a newer version after all of was done it said restart now which I clicked and now my monitor screen says input no supported

0 Likes
1 Reply
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

If you have alternate display cable options like VGA DVI DP and HDMI try swapping out cables.

If you have old GPUs around swap out the GPU to get signal and change your display resolution the base level that your monitor and primary GPU will both support.

Power down do not restart and place your primary GPU back in the PC and see if signal returns.

If that doesn't get signal place the older GPU back in uninstall all GPU drivers and software do a restart and shutdown,

Place primary GPU back in and download drivers only. 

Have you used a Registry Editor for windows home or a Group Policy Editor for windows pro to block windows update from installing their outdated AMD drivers?

If you haven't done the regedit or GPE this issue will most likely keep recurring. 

The hardware swapping instructions I provided is a workaround I've had to use several times in the past if a driver download became corrupted or if I accidently selected an out of range resolution that my monitor did not support.    

0 Likes