Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bcrcoto
Journeyman III

Input not supported - Unable to get into BIOS after Driver Update

Hello, 

I finished a clean OS installation and I was working on getting everything updated.

After installing all the updates available via Windows Update, I wanted to check the AMD website; I was looking for the latest graphics driver and I found this:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g... 

- I installed: "Auto-Detect and Install Release Date 8/27/2020"

- it installed version 20.4.2 (05-15-2020)

After installing that, my system restarted and now I get a message "Input not supported" from my monitor as soon my system turns on, and I became unable to see the Gigabyte logo or access BIOS.

I get picture after a couple of seconds, when the Windows boot process starts, and the computer boots normally, everything fine except for that little message and BIOS access...

My computer has all this time been connected via HDMI to my Monitor (no adapters).

I disconnected the HDMI and connected a VGA cable and I get picture, see the logo, can access BIOS, boots normally and I can do whatever, but for some reason I became unable to use HDMI to access BIOS or see the splash screen gain.

This is what I have tried:

- Tested the monitor's port and HDMI cable with my PS4 and it works fine.

- Reset monitor settings

- Uninstalled that driver and restarted.

- boot in safe mode.

- Checked BIOS for something/anything?(using VGA) 

- Installed the latest version, 20.8.3, but here is worse... no picture at all just that message, so I went back to 20.4.2.

System:

3200G

A320M S2H v2 

Acer Vg270

Windows 10 Home (64)

Any ideas?

0 Likes
7 Replies
bcrcoto
Journeyman III

Still the same problem, I have tested different resolutions and refresh rates.

Is there a setting in BIOS or the Radeon software I should know about?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Have you tried going into the BIOS (boot settings) and turning off the fastboot and the CSM options?

Thank you for the input.

I had both already disabled, I also saw online the contrary, to enable CSM, but that didn't work either.

I just got an e-mail from AMD and I will try that to check if it works and post it here.

thanks again!

0 Likes

Hi. Any updates on this? Were you able to fix the issue?

0 Likes

man, i have the same issue right now, how did u fix it? pls

0 Likes

Have you figured out a fix for this issue? Just got a RX 6500 XT and same issue. 

0 Likes

Hey, just wondering if you figured out a fix. I'm having same issue with a new RX 6500 XT & Acer monitor. Get input not supported right after boot while MSI logo is loading then screen comes on during windows 10 boot. If you figured anything out please let me know. 

0 Likes