I am new in this forum and I don´t know very much about drivers and suchlike. Now my video editing software (Magix: Movie Edit pro plus) informs that graphics card drivers are incompatible.
Desktop: HP Pavilion 500-204eo
Motherboard: MS-7778 (JasmineR)
AMD graphics Card: Dual system?: AMD Radeon HD 8670D version 22.214.171.1247 (29.9.2016)
AMD Radeon R7 240 version 126.96.36.1997 (29.9.2016)
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1607
CPU: AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon
HD Graphcis 3.70 GHz
RAM: 16,0 Gt
As far as I understood it is just AMD Radeon R7 which is incompatible. Secondly I understood that drivers in AMD HD 6000 and HD 7000 series would be suitable. I didn´t get yet any exact numbers for those series, but I´ll continue "fighting" to get them also from Magix.
I still have one or two problems concerning those drivers.
1. Is it so that I have so called dual graphics card system where the cards are operating integrated? The product specification says that Video graphics is Radeon R7 240, but in the computer there is also listed the HD 8670D updated version and also the HP expert tells me about the integration.
2. If it is dual system. What would be the proper pair of drivers that includes AMD 6000 or AMD 7000 drivers?
3. Is it safe to insert the new drivers without destroying the whole system?
4. What about the updates? There is the automatic updating of Windows. Does it also include the drivers? Confusions in future?
5. General question about series numbers. For example is the AMD HD 8670D later version than those numbered 6000 and 7000?
Oh, it was nice to pour out my troubles. I really hope that somebody could help me to continue the battle.
Thank you for your response. As I told my hardware is desktop not laptop. Does it make difference? The other thing is that I am just video editing program user, not an DB expert, so it is not quite easy for me to properly install those correct drivers. Is it not possible for Magix to inform clearly what are the right AMD drivers their software is based? It is fustrating to go through questions and answers and then quess the right solution?
Sorry...I posted the wrong guide.
These are the drivers > Legacy I suggest the 16.2.1 version. Download/save them to your desktop. Go to your computer control panel and select uninstall a program. Uninstall all AMD software/install manager.
After uninstalling the AMD driver/software...reboot. Install the new drivers. Reboot.