cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DrNegative
Journeyman III

Incompatible Build

Hi, I have a Ryzen 7 3700 X CPU. I get a random message from AMD Software pop up from time to time that says set up has detected an incompatible build. 

From looking round on google this relates to Radeon GPU? I have a GTX1070 Ti and was hoping someone may be able to answer why this message keeps popping up? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Please post your total computer information!

Did you by any chance have a AMD GPU installed before you installed the Nvidia GPU?

If so you need to use DDU in Safe Mode (best method) or in Windows Desktop to remove and eliminate all traces of the AMD Driver from your computer.

Any left over AMD Driver might be in conflict with the Nvidia Driver installed.

If you have a AMD Motherboard then it might also be related to the AMD CHIPSET, therefore I would check Device Manager and see if there are any errors or yellow exclamation marks showing.

Note: I have a GTX1070 with a AMD Motherboard and have no issues concerning AMD errors. I long ago removed all traces of AMD Drivers from my PC when I migrated from AMD GPU to Nvidia GPU.

Thanks for the answer! sounds like it could be the issue... 

PC Build is as follows:

ASUS ROG Crosshair Vii Hero WI-FI AC Mobo

Ryzen 7 3700x CPU

32gb DDR4 3200Mhz 

ASUS ROG GTX1070 TI GPU

I did have the AMD Ryzen 5 2400g previously but the Graphics was disabled. It seems that this could be the issue, and as you have mentioned there may be a Graphics driver installed still... I shall have a look into this. Thank you again! 

Coincidence that you and I have almost similar PCs build.

I upgraded from my AMD AM3+ Motherboard and Processor to Ryzen 3700X and Asus TUF Gaming X570 Pro (WiFi) motherboard,

Originally I had purchased from Amazon the same Asus  Motherboard you have (Crosshair VIII)  but it was DOA and the replacement from Amazon was almost 2 years old which I sent it back without using.

Asus  Support said the old Asus Motherboard will only have about 2 1/2 years of Warranty instead of 3 years by the Serial Number that I gave them.

But then I found out about the TUF Gaming X570 Pro that came out in September 2020 and it has almost the same features as the more expensive Crosshair VIII Wifi Motherboard.

Both have 8 SATA Ports, 4 PCIe Slots, WiFi, Supports the latest AMD Processors, and most important it has the BIOS FLASHBACK feature.

The only diffence is the VRM is probably much stronger in the Crosshair VIII than in the Pro motherboard but otherwise it has almost identical features for about $170.00 less.

0 Likes