cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Samueke
Journeyman III

In English

Hi, it is the first time that I acquire an AMD product, the RX590 graphics, which is luxurious, until you want to play anything with 3D technology, in that case you will get an error message, the famous "time has expired. waiting for the driver in your system ", which I have spent many hours of my life trying to solve, and I have tried everything, everything that is within my reach, format, clean drivers in safe mode, install new ones, update chipset update BIOS, I have tried about 12 different driver versions and there is no way, which leads me to a question: They sold us the RX590, their controllers started to fail, they stopped making them, and they got on with another project and **bleep** the consumer, I can't believe that in 2 years a driver failure has not been repaired, I'm not the only one that happens, and coincidentally the problem persists in the RX590s, in the rest they are solved. That said, I feel highly ripped off and have no intention of buying anything from AMD again. In this life nothing is perfect and I understand that things fail and come up with certain errors, but so much waiting time with no apparent solution ...

1 Reply
hitbm47
Forerunner

Hey @Samueke 

I even still experience it on my RX 480 which is basically the same chip as yours.

But, I have gone through the effort of moving my FX 8350 motherboard back into my PC, since I was experiencing this on my Ryzen 5 1600 system. I think AMD has a bug with some newer technology or something, maybe it is with PCIe v3, since my 990FXA is still PCIe v2.

Furthermore, I agree with you that this issue is unacceptable, AMD seems to focus on making their new products look shiny in youtube videos, but leave or introduce bugs on products that were just recently their bragging topic.

Have you reported this to AMD yet?

Kind regards

0 Likes