cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Impossible to regress from Adrenalin 2019?

Over the weekend after I decided I have had enough of the IMPROVEMENTS in the 2019 adrenaline drivers a decided to go back to the last 2018 driver (i tried several other earlier to no avail too). Well it just isn't possible. Whatever they did with changing the fan and temp curve in the 2019 drivers, neither the AMD driver uninstall or clean install nor DDU, is yet able to undo.

Once having the old driver loaded, it seems just peachy until you go to modify the fan curve. As soon as you click apply in wattman the screen go to a solid color of whatever your desktop color is and locks. I have now repeated this on 3 machines. It's not me!

So be warned I think we have to live with this until DDU updates to likely remove whatever registry entry isn't getting removed, unless one of you fine folks figures it out first.

Just an FYI post here.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Try Revo Uninstaller...there is a free version. Don't uninstall the drivers ...let Revo do that. Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, s...

Good idea! If I feel like messing with it again, I will try that first.

0 Likes